Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your most used manually operated Practical Home shop built tool/tools

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jworman View Post
    I may have posted it before, but I still use these day in and day out. It's a copy of woodworkers hold down clamp. I just put it over a workpiece on my welding table, smack the tool once or twice with my brass hammer and the piece is usually secure enough to weld or grind on. I don't use them daily, just every time I'm using my welding table.
    Thanks for the idea, I made up 3. By making your own I saved about 13 bucks a piece, that about $40, with saving like that one could use the money wisely.
    Nah I bought beer

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11399

Comment

Made a positioner to hold stuff while tigging.
      Swivels in 2 axis and allows work to spin.
      The clamp holds 3/4" npt pipe so I can attach the work to a piece of pipe then clamp it down.

Also made a weld turntable for round stuff.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I haven't responded in a few D's been working.

These are some great tools and great work by the way!

So lets keep them coming

CH!

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
          I believe those are called bench dogs?
          That handy little tool is called a "hold fast". I've used them for many years both on my workbench and shaving horse.

Comment

Hey Ch, I 'll get on it here shortly. I had a test last week and was busy.

Is there any way to post the pics directly so we don't have to open them up in new tabs?

Hey Yorkiepap on that pipe jig. You should put a little motor on it so you can turn it. You could weld it with one start!

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.