Concrete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counter Tops

I know exactly what you're talking about. Fiber-Mesh, Stealth, Harborite, are used for re-inforcing in shotcrete, walks, and driveways out here.

Masterbuilders 400-N is the most common plasticizer, but Rheo-Build 1000 was used in the support columns at Chase Field, and the new Cardinal's Stadium. That was 7000# mud w/ 1/2" rock!

Decorative concrete is an art all it's own. You do very nice work.

We had a computerized liquid color system that could keep colors consistent throughout the pour (fractional yds, etc), added right in the drum, and could make any color of the rainbow. We poured a tennis court for a costumer, just as green as if you painted it.

People would be surprised if they could see the batch records of what actually goes into Redy-Mix concrete. They ave no idea of the water-reducers, rust inhibitors, and other chemicals used.

About the "purest" mud going these days is "State" mud (2500-4000#) used in box-beam bridge frames, decks, and PCCP (white paving).

FAA (runway mud) is a special "flex-mix" all it's own. Been on those jobs, the inspectors might give you a 1/2" +/- at the slump cone, if you're lucky.

Don't even want to get into "nuclear plant mud." There's some wild stuff. 2" slump, juiced to a 6" at the plant, arrive on the job, back to 2", add 10 more gallons of "mystery" juice, wetted to 6" again, spray bars, ice, chilled water, pump out in a couple of minutes, what's not used, dump in their pit. It would set up in the drum, otherwise.
    Last edited by davedarragh; 04-15-2010, 11:54 AM.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

CNC Water Jet cut embedments

CNC Water Jet cut embedments in concrete work table! I am making this table for the Howell high school shop teacher. He dose leather work as a hobby and wanted a nice work-table that he could use at motorcycle shows. All embedments were cut out on the high schools water jet, that I take advantage of sometimes myself. This table has a 3 inch drop edge and is a close to the Harley burnt orange color.

Pictures taken after 2nt grind and before sealer.
      Attached Files
      Miller Syncrowave 200
      Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
      Miller Milermatic 135
      Ridgid Drill Press
      Ridgid Chop Saw
      36" Metal Break
      Harris Toarches
      English Wheel
      Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
      30 gal. Sand Blaster
      Planishing Hammer
      150lb Anvil
      10" Swing Logan Lathe

Comment

Originally posted by jessehornberger View Post
        All Countertops are sealed with a onetime epoxy urethane sealer that is impenetrable to water and most staining agents.
        I was wondering if you could give me a product name and supplier of this sealer?
        Thanks
        Miller Syncrowave 200
        Homemade Water Cooler
        130XP MIG
        Spectrum 375
        60 year old Logan Lathe
        Select Machine and Tool Mill
        More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

sealer

The sealer we are using now is called EAP. You can get it online at http://www.concretecountertopsupply....play/Home.html
          in the past we have also used StoneLok, but switched to Eap for the ease of application. Our Next large investment is for a UV (Ultraviolet Light) Curing Sealer System which is the most technically advanced sealer available! You put the stuff on, wave a special light over it and it is cured!
          Miller Syncrowave 200
          Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
          Miller Milermatic 135
          Ridgid Drill Press
          Ridgid Chop Saw
          36" Metal Break
          Harris Toarches
          English Wheel
          Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
          30 gal. Sand Blaster
          Planishing Hammer
          150lb Anvil
          10" Swing Logan Lathe

Comment

Concrete

I don't care who ya are. That there is purty stuff! There's a guy here in town who does that too. Really getting popular.
            Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
            Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Comment

Working...
            X