Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entertainment stand

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertainment stand

There's probably a better name for this than Entertainment stand. ?? I can make it - I just can't name it. Scott
    Attached Files

Nice job. Brings tiers to my eyes
    Last edited by monte55; 03-10-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scott-n-montana View Post
      There's probably a better name for this than Entertainment stand. ?? I can make it - I just can't name it. Scott
      Why not name it Skippy?

(ok, removing tongue from cheek
      Entertainment Center
      Media Stand
      Home Electronics Rack

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
        Nice job. Bring tiers to my eyes
        Groan

Frank

Comment

i'd go with Effin Sweet!! its a nice looking setup man. Well Done!

Comment

Originally posted by fjk View Post
            Groan

Frank
            Oh c'mon......that was kinna funny

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
              Oh c'mon......that was kinna funny
              yup, it was
              (though I had to read it 2 or three times ... did he really say _that_?)

all _good_ puns get a groan.

(bad ones get something that probably would be censored by the
              language police-)

frank

Comment

Nice work Scott, looks like a nice set up not having to see legs on the corners. A little different look from the normal stuff is always good.

Comment

very cool. i wish i new alittle bit about woodworking, maybe someday when i have a real shop of my own. Wood just adds another cool texture to steel projects. Here is a TV stand i built a while back.
                  Attached Files

Comment

hi-fi stand

that looks very nice. really neat and minimalist. if someone wants to copy this design or make something similar, but not use wood for the shelves, why not use marble slab cut too size. i'm sure you could get some cut too size in a kitchen fitters shop or even where they make headstones for graves.
                    these places always have off-cuts they cannot use for anything else, once their main job has been made. i have done this for all my hi-fi tables i have made over the years and found the shop people only too happy to offload their waste pieces of slab. they have even been happy to cut and polish these offcuts too my requirements, provided they have enough of the type i want.
                    i don't know what you would spend on marble over in your part of the world, but i have usually paid around 20-35 per square foot (depending on the quality) so a shelf of around 14"X18" could cost anything from around 35 up. using marble will also make the hi-fi sound better, due too the inherent damping effect it has on vibrations. something which wood does not normaly have a big effect on (for hi-fi anyway)
                    if you are a bit skeptical about the effect, try a bit of stone slab under the cd player first, but remember that marble is more dense and will work a little better (and look a lot better)
                    i have also found that molten lead in the frame works wonders, but you need to do this outside wearing a mask and goggles, NOT in the garage or other enclosed space. you WILL give yourself a headache otherwise (at least) or at worst, give yourself lead poisoning. the headache is just the first warning. so be carefull and plan what you are going to do properly.
                    i have made at least 8 tables this way (at last count) with no ill effects. but you can't be too carefull when using molten lead. anyone need advice, let me know.

Comment

it beats what the sell down to the wal mart

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.