No announcement yet.

welding shop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thats good to know i certainly dont want to cause a fire hazerd from electricity.

Comment

does anyone like the xmt series, or the shopmate series? how about the maxstars.

Comment

hello does anyone have an opinion on what a good welder for home use would be . ill be looking at mig and tig welders, and maybe a cheap stick welder also.

Comment

If you had a Dynasty 200DX you would cover both tig and stick. If you got yourself a HH210 or a Passport Plus then you would be covered in the shop or a friends house
          If you chose to go bigger, any of those welders would sell on e-bay in record time.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

i was thinking for mig the millermatic 350 or 350p. and tig probaly the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.

Comment

well got my tillman black onyx hacket yesterday and i love it, i also start welding school on the 14th of this month anytip and suggestions for passing the cert tests.

Comment

Good luck

Best of luck to you in school.
                Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
                Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
                Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
                CST-250
                HF-15 High frequency
                XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
                Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Comment

well thanks trigger, does anyone else have any hints and tips

Comment

migman69
                    i was thinking for mig the millermatic 350 or 350p. and tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.

am i missing some thing ??
                    does anyone have an opinion on what a good welder for home use would be . ill be looking at mig and tig welders, and maybe a cheap stick welder also

just doesn't add up ?? the 350 or 350P is very big for home use. and why would you prefer a syncro over the Dyn ??tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.
                    do you have the power to run a syncrowave ?? i think a Dyn200DX and a MM212 or 252 would be plenty for almost any home shop. the MM212 being first choice as the 252 is probably over kill here also. then maybe add a spec.375 if you want some cutting fun. now thats a great home shop, all for about the same $$ as a MM350P.

what are you planing to do at home ??? i have a MM135, in the last 7 or 8 years its coverd all my home needs except aluminum, got a TIG for that. the only reason i think going to a MM210 is needed is i want to start taking in some outside work if i can now that i finally have TIG as an option.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

• i agree

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                      migman69
                      i was thinking for mig the millermatic 350 or 350p. and tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.

am i missing some thing ??
                      does anyone have an opinion on what a good welder for home use would be . ill be looking at mig and tig welders, and maybe a cheap stick welder also

just doesn't add up ?? the 350 or 350P is very big for home use. and why would you prefer a syncro over the Dyn ??tig probably the dynasty but i love to have a syncrowave.
                      do you have the power to run a syncrowave ?? i think a Dyn200DX and a MM212 or 252 would be plenty for almost any home shop. the MM212 being first choice as the 252 is probably over kill here also. then maybe add a spec.375 if you want some cutting fun. now thats a great home shop, all for about the same $$ as a MM350P.

what are you planing to do at home ??? i have a MM135, in the last 7 or 8 years its coverd all my home needs except aluminum, got a TIG for that. the only reason i think going to a MM210 is needed is i want to start taking in some outside work if i can now that i finally have TIG as an option.

i agree with you the mm350p is a bit overkill but it is also definatly the only thing id ever need at home lol. I know alot of people with trailers and other stuff made out of kinda thick metal, i guess i just want to be able to handle whatever my friends throw at me, not to mention i want to do some side jobs at home, But if i can go with the mm212 or 252 and save some money i may just do that if it will handle the jobs i want it to do. And im not even sure what power the syncro requires to run, but i do have 220 power avalible.

Comment

• as for the power i figured you had 240V power, its the Amp's that kill ya. i had to go inverter as 30Amp breaker was the best i could hope for and that was pushing it. no syncro 200 for me.but my TA-185 is doing great on what i have to offer,so i'm happy.

you should take a look at what size breakers/panel you have to work with when shopping for welder. don't want to spend your hole budget on welders only to find out its going to be another $2,000.oo to get the needed power to feed them. that could be a real bummer.
                        if i had just jumped on the syncro when i had the $$ i would have a brand new 300# paper wait, nice looking one but still...

i think a 252 is going to handle about any trailer your friends can throw at ya if they have heavy equipment. if they just have bike trailers and utility stuff the 212 will cover it. if not you can always throw a stick in the TIG/Stick welder. 8^))
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                        JAMES

Comment

• What questions are you wanting answers to? You have asked alot of questions. The inteligient ones got good answers, but you seem to ignore them.
                          What do you really want to know?
                          Tim Beeker,
                          T-N-J Industries
                          (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
                          Esab 450i with wire feeder
                          HH135 mig
                          Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
                          Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
                          Marathon 315mm coldsaw
                          vertical and horizontal band saws
                          table saw
                          Dewalt cut off saw
                          Sand blast cabinet
                          lots of hand grinders
                          Harris torch
                          beer fridge

Comment

• im paying attention to all the answers, just needing some guidence on good all around home equipment and if anyone has any tips or hints to help me in school

Comment

• Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                              as for the power i figured you had 240V power, its the Amp's that kill ya. i had to go inverter as 30Amp breaker was the best i could hope for and that was pushing it. no syncro 200 for me.but my TA-185 is doing great on what i have to offer,so i'm happy.

you should take a look at what size breakers/panel you have to work with when shopping for welder. don't want to spend your hole budget on welders only to find out its going to be another $2,000.oo to get the needed power to feed them. that could be a real bummer.
                              if i had just jumped on the syncro when i had the $$ i would have a brand new 300# paper wait, nice looking one but still...

i think a 252 is going to handle about any trailer your friends can throw at ya if they have heavy equipment. if they just have bike trailers and utility stuff the 212 will cover it. if not you can always throw a stick in the TIG/Stick welder. 8^))
                              thats when you cant mig it stick it i guess lol

Comment

• well i went today to pick up my text books wow there thick and heavey and expensive lol. my text book is called modern welding.

Comment

Working...
                                X