Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back Rack

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Rack

Anybody ever build a back rack for a pick-up like to get a few ideas Its going on a f150 xtended cab

I've built quite a few.
    Here's a couple.
    Attached Files

Comment

yup

simple knock off.
      Attached Files

Comment

wldrman,
        Nice work, i especially like the patriots one. Maybe i'll buiild one for my truck and the when my dad sees it, he'll want one too.

keep up the great work,
        Charles

Comment

Just finished one

I just finished the one that is on my '96 GMC 3500. If you give me some dimensions and an idea of what you're looking for, I might be able to do up a cad for you. Let me know.
          The attached is the headache rack, plus a rear rack a built to allow me to carry long (and heavy too) items above the cab and bed. I have HD bed rails (which I made) that the headache rack is welded to at the front. The back rack bolts onto the rails near the tailgate. When not in use, it bolts to the front against the headache rack. I'll try and get some pics of them on the truck.
          Attached Files

Comment

Cool! Like that spider!

Comment

your right

2112 is right thats some pretty handy artwork how did you fit up your material ?your patterns look real profesional NICE JOB!

Comment

No special formula.
                I just measure my heigth, bottom and top width, lay it out on the bench to find my angles.
                I made the spider body from a block of aluminum. Hand ground all the details. The legs are individual pieces of .250 plate bandsawed and ground to suit.
                Usually I just blow up pictures on a copier, transfer them to my material and bandsaw cut the details from aluminum plate. The spider web is on my truck and can be removed for other details.

The stars on the Patriot one should look familiar, they are a transfer of the Miller Welding star.

Thanks for the positives! I spend a lot of time on these things.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.