Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick attached system

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick attached system

The bottom 4 " solid stock snapped in half bending the top 4 " solid stock enough for our good old press to make funny faces and funny noise.
    I would of changed the snapped bottom stock but the customer wanted me to straighten everything and welded back together.
    I'm not done yet but here's a few pics
    Attached Files

that looks like lots of fun. i have had to fix things like that befor that are just not ment to be fixed. did they tell you how they broke it

Comment

I love doing this kind of job.
      There was stops for the grab arm that were damaged and should have been fixed a while ago and the grab arm broke them futher extending the cylinder arm at it's fullest and hitting the 4" round stock snapping it completely bending the entire quick attach. I would have took a pic of before I straighten it, but only picked my camera during my lunch and I had it straight on the table by then.
      Lots of force on these cylinders, I couldn't believe it that they said there was no damage to the cylinder
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Daniel; 03-02-2010, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I just love it when the customer decides they are an engineer and a weldor as well. I have turned down many jobs, not because of the jobs, but because of the customer!

Comment

Just a bit of carnage eh daniel, make sure to show us the results of the repair!

Those large repairs can be fun I agree, as long as its not in the middle of a mud pit and they want it fixed by morning

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.