X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diverdude
    started a topic Shop Press

Shop Press

This is a project I started 8 to 10 years ago and have not been in a hurry to finish. I got it together enough to use and kind of left it there for a while. I finished up the rest of it this weekend. It's built out of scrap parts, when I started it there was a big welding contractor behind my station, and one of the guys there stopped by all the time and drank coffee with us. He would bring me pieces of drop from their big jobs and this is what I built it out of.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Press back.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	528125

Name:	Press Front.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	528126

• m.k.swelding
    replied
    That looks good I have been thinking that I need to make one

Leave a comment:

• Diverdude
    replied
    The square tubes on each side are for tool storage. I don't have a lot of space in my shop so I don't mount anything on the bench. I will make another thread showing them. I have these mounts on the welding table, press, work bench and it fits the truck.

Name:	Bench Mounts.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	507469

Leave a comment:

• wagin
    replied
    Sweet press. How did you gear the Yamaha out board to run the hydraulics???HA

Leave a comment:

• jrscgsr
    replied
    Originally posted by tom37 View Post
    Your press looks great man. If you don't mind my asking, what is the square tube and lock bolt on each side for?

Nice Work
    I as wondering the same thing

Leave a comment:

• tom37
    replied
    Your press looks great man. If you don't mind my asking, what is the square tube and lock bolt on each side for?

Nice Work

Leave a comment:

• Diverdude
    replied
    It just sits in a cradle, the springs hold it up. The two holes on the uprights are so I can put two pins in it and take the jack out for other uses.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan Man
    replied
    Hey that looks great man! I have seen a few of these homegrown press's on here lately.How are you attaching your jack to the top of your press?

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Nice job. I too started one at least 13 years ago that i will finish soon...Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X