Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Press

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Press

This is a project I started 8 to 10 years ago and have not been in a hurry to finish. I got it together enough to use and kind of left it there for a while. I finished up the rest of it this weekend. It's built out of scrap parts, when I started it there was a big welding contractor behind my station, and one of the guys there stopped by all the time and drank coffee with us. He would bring me pieces of drop from their big jobs and this is what I built it out of.
    Name:  a0413f111ed6865eea0768911e329037.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  88.2 KB

Name:  03aff134fbfdda7a7b57bd9ff6c8d3b1.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  88.3 KB

Nice job. I too started one at least 13 years ago that i will finish soon...Bob

Comment

Hey that looks great man! I have seen a few of these homegrown press's on here lately.How are you attaching your jack to the top of your press?

Comment

It just sits in a cradle, the springs hold it up. The two holes on the uprights are so I can put two pins in it and take the jack out for other uses.

Comment

Your press looks great man. If you don't mind my asking, what is the square tube and lock bolt on each side for?

Nice Work

Comment

Originally posted by tom37 View Post
            Your press looks great man. If you don't mind my asking, what is the square tube and lock bolt on each side for?

Nice Work
            I as wondering the same thing

Comment

Sweet press. How did you gear the Yamaha out board to run the hydraulics???HA

Comment

The square tubes on each side are for tool storage. I don't have a lot of space in my shop so I don't mount anything on the bench. I will make another thread showing them. I have these mounts on the welding table, press, work bench and it fits the truck.
                Name:  05c9cbffd9d48c44715da1b0fb9b3ff0.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  74.4 KB

Comment

That looks good I have been thinking that I need to make one

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.