I got caught today, a story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dustyhaze75 View Post
    you might be a welder if ............................................lol.
    at least you weren't caught given her pillow talk. ha ha ha ha.
    I verbally abuse my metal too sometimes, but I have been trying to stop. I've been going to a metal abuse support group. stop the abuse! if your abusing your metal support groups will be held on tuesdays and thursdays.
    But why? It keeps me from verbaly abusing the nimrods around me.

Comment

therapy ...................

..................true true. we could go as far as to call it therapy. lol
      Syncro250DX Tigrunner
      Victor set
      Elite auto-helmet
      Dewalt Bench grinder
      Mastercraft miter saw
      Mac air tools
      Mac hand tools
      Toothbrush
      pencil
      toilet paper

Comment

It's cheaper than a therapist too. After I leave thearapy um, I mean work no ever suspects that I'm insane.

Comment

LOL....................we're all insane in our own little ways. I think I'm addicted to this site. I need an intervention !
          Syncro250DX Tigrunner
          Victor set
          Elite auto-helmet
          Dewalt Bench grinder
          Mastercraft miter saw
          Mac air tools
          Mac hand tools
          Toothbrush
          pencil
          toilet paper

Comment

I don't even speak harshly to my work even when things are going bad......as long as I don't forget my medication, heheh. If I do forget them for a couple of days everyone is asking did you take your pills today.
            Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
            Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
            Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
            ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
            1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
            Arcair gouger
            Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Comment

The more people I meet in this life, the more I find that a piece of equipment can usually carry on a much more intelligent conversation It doesn't lie, cheat, stab you in the back, or steal from the company. All it cares about is getting the job done and a good drink of cool, clean diesel.
              Bobcat 250, MM 210, Syncrowave 180, Spectrum 375
              Cat 242B Skid Steer, Challenger (Cat/Agco) MT275
              1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Comment

Originally posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
                The more people I meet in this life, the more I find that a piece of equipment can usually carry on a much more intelligent conversation It doesn't lie, cheat, stab you in the back, or steal from the company. All it cares about is getting the job done and a good drink of cool, clean diesel.
                I wish my tools gave a dam about that!

Comment

Never been caught talking to anything ,but I did get caught physically abusing a pin out of a man lift arm with a 10 lb. hammer that turned into torcher by a victor wrench. After a cooling off period were back together again giving me the lift I need.

Comment

I always believed it was OK to talk to your work or to yourself but it is really embarrassing to loose an argument!
                    Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Welder View Post
                      I always believed it was OK to talk to your work or to yourself but it is really embarrassing to loose an argument!
                      I lose arguments with my work all the time, but I've yet to find anything that will talk back to porta powers, torches, 150 ton cranes, and various other forms of mechanicle mussle.

Comment

i hum tunes to the note my plasma cutter makes. so whatever that note is...i guess that is the key i sing to my work in..

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-GMAW
                          I lose arguments with my work all the time, but I've yet to find anything that will talk back to porta powers, torches, 150 ton cranes, and various other forms of mechanicle mussle.
                          I agree, a big beater or come-along is a good way to put an end to an unruly workpiece. About 4 years ago we were taking the psyhco test for working in the nukes. One guy wore a tee shirt that said "The voices may not be real but sometimes they have good ideas!" Real popular that day!
                          Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Welder View Post
                            Originally posted by Anti-GMAW I agree, a big beater or come-along is a good way to put an end to an unruly workpiece. About 4 years ago we were taking the psyhco test for working in the nukes. One guy wore a tee shirt that said "The voices may not be real but sometimes they have good ideas!" Real popular that day!
                            LMAO!! I wish I could have seen that.

Comment

I talk to my work and my machine all the time. The guys in ag with me all think i'm crazy. some of them have even learned a few new words from being around me. They have also learned to get back when i call something a stubborn SOB and pull out the big hammer or the torch cause the end result usually ain't pretty.
                              At Home
                              Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
                              Performance Tools 6" Bench Grinder
                              Craftsman Hand Tools
                              Craftsman Cordless Drills

DeWalt Angle Grinder
                              1976 AMC Jeep CJ7
                              1980 Ford F150 Custom
                              1994 Chevrolet Silverado C1500

At Work
                              Miller Bobcat 250
                              2 Miller MM251s
                              2 Miller MM252s
                              Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC

Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
                              Snap-On Flux Core Welding Machine

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter
                              Victor Torches

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4

Proud American Ham KE5TJA

Comment

re talking to work?

I have to agree with Monte on this one,Sure i may hum a tune while im under my mask but i am usually too focused on what im doing to let my mind wander.when 95% of the welding you do is x rayed then youll know what im talking about.(i would suggest a better respirator or maybe ventilate your work area better lol till then take care

Comment

Working...
                                X