Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

winch style bumper for 06 Ram

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxstar 200 STR

Bama: How's that Maxstar treating you?

Dave

Comment

Great work, should look even better on the truck. Ever consider a reese hitch on the thing, they can be pretty valuble to have out front

Comment

Originally posted by tigman250 View Post
        the center section and mounting brackets are 1/4" and the rest is 1/8" weight is 144 pounds, no lights or mounting hardware.
        That bumper is slick. I am glad you chose paint or powder coating. The Rhino Liner would not do your work justice. You may have said in one of your posts....how many hours do you have in the project from mock up to completion?
        Thanks,
        Nick

Comment

sorry I have been delinquent on updates....

first one is all finished loaded up to get coating quotes
          second is all sandblasted for powder coat
          last is a teaser shot outdoors without lights or recovery points

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
            You may have said in one of your posts....how many hours do you have in the project from mock up to completion?
            Thanks,
            Nick
            I wasn't really keeping track, just roughly adding up the time I spent on it it's real close to 25 hrs. If I ever did another one it would go much faster because I learned alot on this one LOL!!! The grinding and finish work took muuuuuch longer than the mock up and welding!

Comment

That is some straight up road warrior goodness I like it! Waaaaaaaaayyyy cooler than one you could buy. Nice work sir

Comment

Sweet bumper!!! I plan on doing one for my 04 if i can ever get the time.

Comment

I forgot to ask if you had to use any body filler on your bumper.
                  Nick

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                    I forgot to ask if you had to use any body filler on your bumper.
                    Nick
                    not an ounce

Comment

Originally posted by tigman250 View Post
                      not an ounce
                      LIAR!!!!!
                      nah, I believe you! Boy, that thing looks like a TANK!
                      AWSOME JOB!!!!

Comment

That thing looks great. What did you use to cut all the peices?

Comment

here it is all finished with wrinkle powder coat

feels great to finally have this thing done! well almost, have to wire up the 6" lights but other than that it's oficially DONE!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbaker1097 View Post
                            That thing looks great. What did you use to cut all the peices?
                            for the heavier pieces I used the plasma, for the 1/8" I mostly used a bandsaw or an angle grinder with a .040" cutoff wheel

Bert, honestly, no filler. Got it powder coated and I don't think the filler would hold up under cure temps.....guess I never asked, just assumed they wouldn't want any filler. I'm not saying a few spots couldn't have used a little bit....just didn't use any

Comment

Very frickin' nice!! And I bet those shackles aren't for getting pulled out, but for pulling the "others" out. Outstanding job tigman!!

Comment

Please keep us informed on how many jobs you get when people see that thing!!!
                                to reiiterate others............: NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.