Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got caught today, a story

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got caught today, a story

Yes its sad but true. I was caught talking to a Side dump trailer needing cracks repaired in the tub. I thought I was out of ear shot when I said, "Hello Darling. Where you been?" to the trailer. "Looks like your tub needs some repair. Don't worry now you are with me. I'll cut out the bent stuff here, grind a bit here, weld some there, and with a bit of new metal yonder you will feel lots better". I heard another man say "Steve! You are talking to a trailer!!!". Without hesitation I turned and replied, "I know. They have feelings... just look at what happened to 'er you know." And so my sympathy for equipment that gets run hard, overloaded, and in general abused to get the job done has been exposed. OK time for work now.

Wow I thought I was the only one who talked to my work. Sometimes if you listen real hard the arc answers back.

Paul

Comment

Everybody talks to their work. But when you start hearing it talking back to you, it's time for an intervention.

Comment

I "talk" (if you can call it that) to my work all the time! But I don't know if I could repeat any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
          I "talk" (if you can call it that) to my work all the time! But I don't know if I could repeat any of it.
          HA now that I can relate to.

Comment

Talking to your work

Loved the story. Sounds like me!

Comment

I am like Anti- Gmaw,
              Some of the stuff I say to my work is so bad it sometimes makes me blush

Comment

so true

ha ha who hasn't talked to their work/projects in good or bad ways

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
                  I concur... It all depends whether I have hit my finger with the hammer, or accidentally touched the still smoking hot weldment that just turned from red to black...

How does this sound: "C'mon you piece a sh t.... get in there!!!"

or how about: "C'mon....! Co-operate with me Da mit!!!"

and once in a while when all things fall into place...: "Shweeet!!!"

Comment

Well at least your work is learning some new vocabulary.

Comment

They say three out of four people may have serious mental issues.....so if you have three friends and they appear fine,..........you might talk to trailers

Comment

Glad to see I'm not alone! I've tried reapetedly to clean up my language and have finaly given up. It's just not goin' to happen. But at least I have an abundant suply of inadament objects at work to "teach" my alternative english to!

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                          They say three out of four people may have serious mental issues.....so if you have three friends and they appear fine,..........you might talk to trailers
                          Then we got a problem. I talk to most of my work and I caught my boss talking to his computer the other day. The other person there is 26 and he thinks he is the best thing that walked the earth and we are not good enough to hold a conversation with. He thinks us old people are taking up valuable space and should retire.

Comment

I know I'm crazy. Always have been. Rest assured I am the forth person. Now that I'm alot older, I am starting to really injoy this insanity stuff and use it to my benefit. Others who don't really know me are passing it off as old fartedness. As an old fart you can getaway with more stuff than If it were believed you were supposed to know better. See? Its happening again...
                            Last edited by Steve; 11-09-2007, 07:26 PM. Reason: MOre

Comment

sweet talk your metal soft ...................

you might be a welder if ............................................lol.
                              at least you weren't caught given her pillow talk. ha ha ha ha.
                              I verbally abuse my metal too sometimes, but I have been trying to stop. I've been going to a metal abuse support group. stop the abuse! if your abusing your metal support groups will be held on tuesdays and thursdays.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.