Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Gas Pumps and Debit Cards

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Gas Pumps and Debit Cards

Watch paying at the pump with a debit card. The stations are starting to put a hold on your card until the debit clears the bank. Shell was doing 200 bucks a few weeks ago and today my local Speedway started with 50 bucks. So you buy 10 bucks worth of gas its going to cost you 60 for a few days...Bob

Yeah. That sucks. You would think they would at least carry your books home from school a few times before they tried to f**k you.

Comment

From my daughter...Bob

Desiree Wright commented on your status:

"I called customer service to complain and they said the pump is supposed to have a sign showing the hold amounts but ours doesnt have that. They are going to tell the area manager. "

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
        Yeah. That sucks. You would think they would at least carry your books home from school a few times before they tried to f**k you.
        No kiss, first, no cigarette afterwards, just a "wham-bam-piss off, ma'am" ....

Comment

Ours only authorize a dollar to verify the account is valid - then when the paperwork goes through they charge the actual sale.

Comment

Credit card rules prevent that sort of abuse of the cardholder. Use a real credit card when you can. If you have to use an ATM card, you're better off going to the ATM to get cash before going to the pumps. That way you just withdraw what you need to pay for your gas and avoid the insane account holds imposed by the gas station leeches.

Comment

Why not just pay cash? A lot of people complain about credit or debit cards but they just keep using them.

Comment

unfortunatly, a few have ruined it for the rest of us,
                most of them obama supporters, with their entitlement mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
                  Why not just pay cash?
                  It was my daughter. You know kids they buy a stick of gum and use a debit card. Speedway cust service said there is "supposed" to be a sign on the pump stating that the money will be held but there isn't one there. They are looking into it...Bob

Comment

It's very rare that I carry cash. Even when I get it, I just deposit it right away.

What's more funny, is that I always have checks on me even when most places won't take them anymore - all my industrial suppliers who won't take credit cards will take a check.

The visa is only an easy way to pay. I don't carry a balance.

Comment

get a card with cash back (amex for me), then you get a nice gift at the end of the year! I had a GM Visa i used to put everything through. i had $350 towards a new vehicle, when i went to buy they had a special promotion, i got $1350!! Now i put everything through a credit card, even insurance!

Comment

I like to use cash or check then I know what its mine and I know what I paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.