Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Jetski Stands

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Jetski Stands

I'm building these jetski stands. 2" (1/8 wall) angle & square tubing, pneumatic casters which are ideal for travel over uneven surfaces & swivel hinged bunks which will conform to any hull design.
    Attached Files

More build pics
    Attached Files

Comment

looks good man.. are you located in boston proper?

Comment

Looks good

I like it, nice, clean, and painted. I know nothing about watercraft but I'm sure they are more than stout enough to handle the load. Just curious, is that your own design or did you improve on something already available?

Comment

Those are some good looking welds. What kind of machine do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by DamageInc537 View Post
            looks good man.. are you located in boston proper?
            Thanks brother. I'm in Quincy.

Pipefitters LU537 member also.
            Last edited by Petron; 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by willy View Post
              I like it, nice, clean, and painted. I know nothing about watercraft but I'm sure they are more than stout enough to handle the load. Just curious, is that your own design or did you improve on something already available?
              Earlier models, 1996-2000 can weigh anywhere in the range of 400-600lbs. The newer models weigh upward of 850lbs.

I belong to a jetski forum & quite a few members have purchased my stands and they're placing all model jetskis on it with no problems. The pneumatic casters have been very popular, gone are the days of pushing our skis & getting nowhere, these casters make it almost 4WD

Yes, it's my design, I got sick of the standard design that doesn't allow any comfort when working on the hull or you cannot push the jetski with casters similar to that of my sons Thomas the Train toys.

Comment

When fabricating my stands having short off-cut pieces that end up being too short for the next stand is inevitable.

So what to do with short off-cut pieces?

After speaking with my local jetski dealer who purchased a couple of my other stands we threw around some ideas & my other design was born.

These are a couple stands I'll be delivering sometime this week.

Height = 14"
                Width (caster to caster) = 24"
                Bunk to Bunk = Varies from 18"- 20"
                Length = 48"

Fabricated with my signature pneumatic casters.
                Attached Files

Comment

Some build pics as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The stands look good. Do they come in different colors?

Comment

Look through the photo’s again I bet you will find your answer about the colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                        Look through the photo’s again I bet you will find your answer about the colors.
                        I was kidding

Comment

Nice work man, if you dont mind me asking. how much can you sell one of those for?

Comment

Originally posted by Nitto9 View Post
                            Nice work man, if you dont mind me asking. how much can you sell one of those for?
                            I sell them for $199.00

I'm a member on greenhulk.net ( http://greenhulk.net/forums/member.php?u=16422 ) a jetski forum & had a few members from MD., FL., IL., want them.

Shipping costs were insane until a friend of mine mentioned Greyhound Shipping. Their shipping cost is generally $80.00. It surely opened the door to move my stands outside the New England area.

Comment

In the triangle area under the support frame how did you weld that together?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.