Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

May Pull The Trigger On Dynasty 200 DX

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Pull The Trigger On Dynasty 200 DX

I have about 10 Hours with thiner aluminum on this machine the more I use it and learn the more I like It. I am serious about buying the water cooled version of the DX. I am very impressed with it, am I missing something, another product. I have a few Miller products I have had a great experience with them all them. I am open minded to all manufactures.

Your Thoughts ?

Originally posted by Mountain Metal View Post
    I have about 10 Hours with thiner aluminum on this machine the more I use it and learn the more I like It. I am serious about buying the water cooled version of the DX. I am very impressed with it, am I missing something, another product. I have a few Miller products I have had a great experience with them all them. I am open minded to all manufactures.

Your Thoughts ?
    You can run air cooled then get a water cooler or even make one as you do not have to get a 200dx with a cooler as a package. Search here as other people have made water coolers with a hocon pump.
    T.J.
    Last edited by TJS; 02-22-2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Thermal Arc 200 ac/dc would be less money for the same thing.
      I have the ta300 ac/dc and it is great. I was looking for a 200a tig , but I'm glad I went for the 300a machine especially for alum. As once you get to 1/4" I use more than 200a

You don't "need" water cooled for less than 200a unless you are doing production. Having said that the WC torches are nice to use. Lighter.

I started with air cooled then made a coolr and upgraded
      a three gallon tank a rad and a pump. I never fitted my fan and probably won't as nothing gets hot without it. Reminds me must
      ake a cover for it sometime!

G

Comment

My Trailblazer is good to to 300 Amps with High Freq Box air cooled torch WP26 I hardly get into to amps above 200 with tig. I have a spool gun for alum above .200

This machine will be used for the thin stuff, I like the small water cooled torch for small Stainless and Aluminum. Mostly aluminum .032-.200 Stainless .032-.1875

I am comfortable with the inverter technology I would go with Lincoln, Thermal Arc however I would not go with any other. This machine will pay for itself in the first quarter of being on line. I always buy good equipment. Miller has always been great to deal with as far as service.

The Tigrunner package is cheaper than buying the the items on their own. I will by a micro water torch to have on hand. Reading the specs it looks like this package is well balanced together. Reliability is the biggest issue in my decision.

The portability is a real plus as well as the power flexibility.

Comment

"May pull the trigger on a Dynasty 200 DX"

Yeah, and.

If you've already used one for 10 hrs, what do you think some other poster is going to tell you that you shouldn't have already learned?

You buying or just talking?

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.