Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaris Ranger Snowplow Build

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris Ranger Snowplow Build

Just got done with this last weekend for a guy. Thought everyone might like to see some pictures.....
    Attached Files

Plow pics # 2

Here's some more....
    Attached Files

Comment

Plow Pics #3

last ones...
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice just made mine....

I dont think my atv could have lifted that one! That is built HD, curious to where you got the rotater for the blade? How much and how strong is it?
        Thanks
        Kevin

Comment

The guy I built it for got the rotator off of eBay - about $400 shipped. I think you can probably find them cheaper. So far it seems to be holding up very well as we've had a bunch of snow. He's been pretty much plowing snow for all of his neighbors since I got it done so it's seen a lot of use already. I think my only concern with it is the size of the battery in the ranger. He may need to eventually get a bigger one or add a second.....

Comment

Battery Thought that might be a probelm....

I wondered how much the battery would hold. I have considered using an air cylinder and a tank. Simply charge the tank go plow and return. I use my atv near my house, I already have a plow on my truck. How much did the blade weight after you were completed?
            Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
              I wondered how much the battery would hold. I have considered using an air cylinder and a tank. Simply charge the tank go plow and return. I use my atv near my house, I already have a plow on my truck. How much did the blade weight after you were completed?
              Kevin
              So far the battery is holding up, but it is pretty new too. Not sure how it's going to act once it gets a little more age on it. I know the winch on his 4 wheeler sure drains the battery down. Din't get a chance to weigh it. Got it done and mounted and he was here to pick it up before I even had a chance. The blade and the mounts one guy can handle, although it is tough. The power pivot weighs about 30lbs.

Comment

Very nice Willy. Well thought out.

Comment

Great looking blade. I bet it holds up way better then the ones you can buy at the box stores.

Comment

You did a great job, I am curious as to how thick your blade material is. I just finished taking my old riding mower snow blade that was 42" long and extended it out into a 60" blade to put in front of my Chuck Wagon. I used 1/8" thick plate and heated it in order to bow it. Got it done but took a little while and some persuasion.

Comment

Originally posted by gnewby View Post
                      You did a great job, I am curious as to how thick your blade material is. I just finished taking my old riding mower snow blade that was 42" long and extended it out into a 60" blade to put in front of my Chuck Wagon. I used 1/8" thick plate and heated it in order to bow it. Got it done but took a little while and some persuasion.
                      Thanks - the blade face is made from 14GA....

Comment

Very nice job Willy. I fix a lot of blade set up in the winter where I work.
                        One customer had a real nice set up with 3/16 UHMW bolted to the ribs to replace the steel blade. Helped with the weight at the front of his pickup.
                        If you have any other projets to share, I'de like to see them.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                          Very nice job Willy. I fix a lot of blade set up in the winter where I work.
                          One customer had a real nice set up with 3/16 UHMW bolted to the ribs to replace the steel blade. Helped with the weight at the front of his pickup.
                          If you have any other projets to share, I'de like to see them.
                          Thanks.
                          Thanks for the reply - appreciate it I'll PM you some of my other projects....

Comment

Right on.

Comment

ya I have to agree with the people hear that looks good and should hold better then the store brand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.