Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

GO kart material

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO kart material

I plan to build a go build a go kart using a kohler K series engine for a cub cadet 128. If anyone know anything about seting up these enginges please PM me because I need help setting this engine up. What material would you recomend to build he frame? I want to use square tube because it would be easier to work with (no notching). I was thinking 1.5" X 1.5" with a 1/8" wall. Will this work or am I over enginering again? The kart will be driven heavily off road.

I would go with the 1 1/2" sq esp for a little off road. I do lots of repair's on the kids in my neighborhood go kart and its small round tube and takes a beating but doesn't hold up well...Bob

Comment

A site you may be interested in:

www.diygokarts.com

A whole LOT of DIY karts and minibikes over there, plus engine tips, frame construction, and so on.

Comment

I am a member of that forum. Alot of the thing I will be doing to this go kart will be rather unique and I doubt there is much help to be found, I will be making what I have work. An example of this is removing the initial gear reduction from the transaxel of the cub cadet 128.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.