Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stories.........Let's get it started.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man...

Originally posted by dabar39 View Post
    I should have my Niece sign up so she can win the prize, she did something really stupid a couple of weeks ago. She has a pit bull and it was being attacked by a neighbors pit bull in her front yard. Dumb as she is, she tried to get them apart. When she reached down to grab her dog, she slipped and her hand went into her pits mouth. She is now minus the tip of her ring finger. The enclosed picture is not for the squeamish! All others enjoy
    The injury is an unfortunate 10. This also gets a "break my heart" award. This really stinks. Stupidity is not a factor as I can bet she was only trying to protect her dog. Loss for words here.

TacMig

Comment

My mistake!

Just turned 26 last month
      My mistake, please forgive me. I thought she was just a youngster! He!! yes, sign her up. That's a dandy and the intelligence required to engage in such an act is truly worthy of serious consideration.

My apologies,

TacMig

Comment

Originally posted by tacmig View Post
        My mistake, please forgive me. I thought she was just a youngster! He!! yes, sign her up. That's a dandy and the intelligence required to engage in such an act is truly worthy of serious consideration.

My apologies,

TacMig
        That's why I asked. I figured she was young, as well.

Comment

there are 3 hours left (for whoever is still awake on the US mainland!!!

Dave, thank you SO much!!! I wondered what TacMig looked like!!!
          Being a MAJOR animal lover myself, I appreciate him taking his picture in the mirror like that
          btw, yes, your niece is entered. but STILL, nobody has voted for there best!

You guys ARE cracking me up tho.......

again...3 hours left.....

Comment

No winner

Well, there is no winner, because none of you sent in your votes
            It's midnight here, though I could see by the time on my last post, the time is kind of screwy...I don't know how Miller makes that "clock"...
            Which is all good, because this thread, like all others, is for teaching others about welding, safety and just to have some fun, and no one was expecting to win anything by submitting their story but sharing a laugh and teaching the young guys about the dangers of welding...(with Signwave being an exception)
            Hey, at least all of us got to see what TacMig looks like, right?!!
            thank you for playing along anyway...
            bert

Comment

yeah I had a heck of a time gettin out of that one... Guy nicked the side of my head with the hack saw too....

You wanna see stupity at its highest level? Check out hte link Ive attached...
              Be forwarned, this is graphic snad your liable to lose your lunch or dinner or breakfast depending where you are in the wordl....

What tis guy gonna do for an encore? Whats this guy gonna do period?
              http://blog.ecr.co.za/breakfast/wp-c...-stupidity.jpg

Truly a candidate for a Darwin award.

Comment

Pretty rough..

Originally posted by SignWave View Post
                yeah I had a heck of a time gettin out of that one... Guy nicked the side of my head with the hack saw too....

Be forwarned, this is graphic snad your liable to lose your lunch or dinner or breakfast depending where you are in the wordl....

I saw this a while ago. What's the story behind it? No doubt entertaining and worthy of said award. I've just always wondered what happened?

TacMig

Comment

I saw this a while ago. What's the story behind it? No doubt entertaining and worthy of said award. I've just always wondered what happened?

TacMig
                  I'm geussing he was dumb enough to try birdshot instead of buckshot.

Comment

I am not knowing

My guess is that he made a ppe bmb. It went off in his face and that was that.... The pic was entitled "fireworks accident" Im glad that wasnt me cuz' that would REALLY suck. If he did use bird shot rather than buck shot , Maybe he should try again and try reading the side of the cartridge first....

cant even suck his dinner through a straw...

Comment

Wow.

Originally posted by SignWave View Post

Total loss for words. :X

Comment

What the heck??!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS MY COLLEGE PROFESSOR!!!
                        doesn't he look like the scholarly type??

Comment

Hey TacMig, Do you remember....

Do you remember that YouTube vid clip I sent you of the kid throwing the "thermobaric" device? I suspect that this would have been a likely cause of the injuries suffered by dufus in my last posts.

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC.

Since this post now has some 11000 veiwings, There must be other stories out there or are we the only people in Cyberspace that are so dexterously challenged?

Comment

Fireworks???

One of the guys in the shop said this is an old, old photo of a fireworks tech. He said he doesn't remember how it happened but was an accident of some sort during a large 4Th display.?? I guess if one wanted to, they could spend some time researching??

TacMig

Comment

I found a picture of one of TacMigs earlier injuries. This should prove that he is kinda accident prone
                              Thats what he gets for doing this in the work place.

pic found on web

Comment

One of the guys in the shop said this is an old, old photo of a fireworks tech. He said he doesn't remember how it happened but was an accident of some sort during a large 4Th display.?? I guess if one wanted to, they could spend some time researching??

TacMig
                                I did do the research on it and came up with this. He was shot in the face at close range with a high caliper hand gun. Here is the link if anyone is interested but be warned, there are several other pics, some DOA.

http://www.daviddsemsheadquarters.com/Injuries.html

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.