Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using available space on welding trailer to mount Vise

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using available space on welding trailer to mount Vise

Well being work not steady these days I have had allot of time on my hands
    My welding trailer is small and I donít have much room on it so I am using available space, I needed to have a vise on hand from time to time so was looking at the trailer to see where I could mount a vise so there were some pieces of square tubing welded to it by previous owner who had this little tote trailer I think was a sprayer at one time.

So this is what I came up with not really a supper ideal but it will work for as often as I would need it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it should work. Nice job.

I have no experience with welding uni-strut. How strong is the joint after welding? Just curious here since I have access to 4 or 5 12 foot sticks of this if I want them. I was worried that it was a poor or low quality product as far as welding it.

Hope work picks up soon. If you're like me, just start a large project at home and as soon as the house is tore to bits the calls will roll in like crazy.

Tom

Comment

Tom,

The piece on the trailer is not Unistrut

http://www.unistrut.com/about/index.php?P=po_mf

Looks like Square Fit telescoping tubing.

Welds fine just remove the Coating- usually is Galvy Coated or Painted but it does come plain

Comment

It is Square Fit......and weld just fine.......once ya knock off the paint first

Is strong for the most part but will find out sooner or later how much abuse it can take im sure it will take more than that ole vice can take

Comment

Thanks for the correction sir. That was a poor general statement on my part. At work we use both and some of our help cant seem to load up the right stuff unless we tell them its the uni-strut stuff with either holes in it or slots. I know its bad but thats what we put up with, I guess the good part is that they are at work every day and on time.

I guess the good side is that you will use it right up to the day it starts to let go. And it may never fail. But if it does you can just put it back on.

Have a good evening.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.