Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandsaw Stand

Tom,

I really like your saw stand! I bought one of those saws and the first thing I noticed is how flimsy the base stand was. Every time I move the saw, I wonder when it is going to fall apart or crash to the floor.

The saw works good for me and sure beats making cuts with a hack saw.

Your stand and welds look very good to me!

Thanks for sharing all your work with us!

Steve

Comment

I apologize for the poor angle camera shots, it made it hard to actually see what I had going on. Here is a couple at a good angle and also of the repositioned rear wheels and front levelers. I hope these shots clear up my design.

P.S. I almost had a tragedy tonight. I was experimenting again with the front to rear tip factor, and I was lifting in a quick motion just to test what it would do if someone other then me moved the saw. Well I am pretty sure that I will put the lock pin in the arm of the saw to transport it. The arm itself is close to balance with the weight of the motor, and it tried to jump to the upright position, laughing like a d@mm fool now, I can say that my cheetah like reflexes caught it before it made it all the way up. There is a chance that in the lifted position and the arm fly up, that a person could get out of control and cause the saw to take a spill. But like I said now I put the lock pin in and also wrap the cord over the saw in the down position, just in case I forget the pin and drive crazy.

Attached Files

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
      Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
      Clarke 180 EN Just in case
      Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
      O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
      Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
      4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
      Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
      Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
      I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
      http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Comment

Working...
      X