No announcement yet.

Coping (notching) pipe with a portaband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had a thousand to do I think I could learn to be pretty proficient,, ha but I wouldn't want to add the extra weld and cleanup of using the pre-made. If I was Harv I dont think I would lose sleep over the competition if they cant figure that much out,, hahahaha Probably takes them about 3 passes each joint too, a root and a couple cover passes.

Comment

New fence

Thank you for the tip and it will serve me one day. But tell me, you install a new fence to replace the existing one, or your neighbor did not want to share with you the cost of a new fence?

Ricau
      XMT 304 cc/cv 208/480 volts
      Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
      Spoolmatic 30a w/Flex Head tube 10'' XRA
      Flexible Head Tig Torch w/Gas Valve (25 ft)
      Foot Control RFCS-14HD
      Side-to-side rotary-motion fingertip Current Control
      Miller process Selector Control w/external solenoid valve
      Stainless steel welding cart
      Makita LC1230 Dry cut saw
      sigpic
      www.ricau.ca

Comment

Originally posted by ricau View Post
        Thank you for the tip and it will serve me one day. But tell me, you install a new fence to replace the existing one, or your neighbor did not want to share with you the cost of a new fence?

Ricau
        I build fences for a living.
        life is good

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
          If I had a thousand to do I think I could learn to be pretty proficient,, ha but I wouldn't want to add the extra weld and cleanup of using the pre-made. If I was Harv I dont think I would lose sleep over the competition if they cant figure that much out,, hahahaha Probably takes them about 3 passes each joint too, a root and a couple cover passes.
          This is for welding up stuff like pipe fence. It's all single pass and run. I don't think I've seen anyone trying to make pressure joints on pipe fence. In fact most of the time you see sixty percent passes, the easy sixty percent is welded, top, sides. I weld 360 degrees because of a pride thing. But in that type of work that's the exception, not the norm.

Of course with the notched piece joints even Ray Charles could weld up three hundred and sixty degrees, even in the dark.
          life is good

Comment

Working...
          X