Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting a welder finally! wheel question though

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a welder finally! wheel question though

so a guy i know is selling me his miller trailblazer 302.

i have used this machine before working for another guy doin a bunch of field work on a condo and a school. when i worked for him, his trailblazer had a set of like "off road" wheels on it, which made it easy for me to roll it around the jobsite. some people i have asked have never heard of anything like this.

one freind said lincoln makes a wheel kit, and it was probly custom fabbed to fit on my old boss's miller,. i have looked and not found much of anything. i might just have to make my own set somehow.

anyone know of a wheel kit type thing i can buy to handle the weight of this welder?

What about the solid tires used on wheelbarrows? The type you can drive a nail into and they don’t go flat. Or maybe some ATV tires and wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by koreanbeefcake View Post

i have used this machine before working for another guy doin a bunch of field work on a condo and a school. when i worked for him, his trailblazer had a set of like "off road" wheels on it, which made it easy for me to roll it around the jobsite. some people i have asked have never heard of anything like this.

one freind said lincoln makes a wheel kit, and it was probly custom fabbed to fit on my old boss's miller,. i have looked and not found much of anything. i might just have to make my own set somehow.

anyone know of a wheel kit type thing i can buy to handle the weight of this welder?

Yup...Just go to the top of your screen and click on products, then click engine drives, then click trailblazer, then click accessories and there is a bunch of that stuff. Just make sure you are on the Trailblazer accessories and not the normal accessories section.

Comment

I have seen people make a cart for one out of an old red wagon

Comment

Wow that is an enormous machine to be wheeling around on a cart. I hope the cart has brakes or something. I can just see that thing get going down an incline. It would hit like a small car. I have only seen those carried around by trucks. The 2010 F150 has some nice wheel options too.

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ccessories.php

Comment

All Terrain EZ Running Gear

I think the one you're thinking of can be found by clicking on "Industries & Interests" tab, then "Farm & Ranch," and there's a picture of a Trailblazer sitting on a set, with an MM 180 and a rancher working on a corral.
              Last edited by davedarragh; 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                I think the one you're thinking of can be found by clicking on "Industries & Interests" tab, then "Farm & Ranch," and there's a picture of a Trailblazer sitting on a set, with an MM 180 and a rancher working on a corall.
                Dave what happened to your other post in this thread?

Comment

Spelling Error

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
                  Dave what happened to your other post in this thread?
                  I had to edit "corral" I spelled it wrong.

Comment

I had to edit "corral" I spelled it wrong.
                    No the one you deleted entirely!

Comment

Yikes For prices like that you'd have to be crazy not to fab your own.

Comment

I would like to see electric powered wheels; powered by the trailblazer - and maybe a tractor seat on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
                          No the one you deleted entirely!
                          Diplomacy is the word of the day

Comment

Originally posted by tasslehawf View Post
                            I would like to see electric powered wheels; powered by the trailblazer - and maybe a tractor seat on top.
                            You live in Texas now, don't mock such ideas

Comment

Diplomacy is the word of the day

Yeah, good idea!
                              Andy put his foot down, and was about to put it somewhere else!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.