Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat Screen Monitor Stand

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Screen Monitor Stand

I have it in my head that I am going to build a stand for my 22" LCD monitor that will let me turn it from facing the desk to 90 to 180 and face away from the desk. Not that I like looking at the back of it, but to show someone what I am talking about, I can just flip it around.

I also want to make a pivot in the plan so I can view in portrait as well as landscape.

I don't have plans as of yet, but I have a good idea in my head.

The part I need help with is, I am not sure what I want to use for the pivot points to create a friction type joint. I am trying to avoid using set screws or thumb screws. I will buy the ball mount for the back of the monitor so I can tilt and pan the monitor.

I know that I could buy one, probably 50 to 100 bucks. But then I cant say I built it the way I wanted it. Even if I spend twice that, I can say hey thats one of a kind.

Here is a screen shot of kinda sorta where I am going with this. I welcome any and all ideas gentlemen.

LOL that is NOT me.
    Here is what I see right now, the dead space to the right is what I don't care for.

Attached Files
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.