Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radiator

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator

Anybody ever built their own radiator? Thought I'd replace a brass/copper one with aluminum and thought it would be a cool project (no pun intended). I'm having a problem finding the tubes and cooling fins, but all kinds of other custom parts are available.

I watched my buddy build them for years. He had a rad shop for his business...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
      I watched my buddy build them for years. He had a rad shop for his business...Bob
      Does he do aluminum ones? Can you turn me on to some parts supplier?

Comment

A radiator for what?

I was going to try to make one out of brass and copper for my DIY TIG cooler, but found an aluminum transmission cooler that worked great and it only cost about $30. I can't justify making anything for that. I also considered using an auto heater core but couldn't find the right configuration. Many of them were also in that price range.

Charley

Comment

Originally posted by CharleyL View Post
          A radiator for what?
          Charley
          For my custom Jeep. Yea, I know you can buy them, but what fun is that?

Comment

Go down to Bills radiator service. He actually has the equipment to build cores as well as the tanks etc. It is on McDowell and about 35th Ave ( been a while since I've been there though.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
              Go down to Bills radiator service. He actually has the equipment to build cores as well as the tanks etc. It is on McDowell and about 35th Ave ( been a while since I've been there though.
              Thanks for the tip. It's about 200 miles from me though...

Comment

I wonder if ya couldn't use the tubes/cooling fins/core from a automotive A/C condensor.
                Or, I've seen a few Alum. coils from a outside type A/C unit in the scrap yard.
                That'd leave you only having to build the top & bottom or two side tank pieces.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.