enclosed trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enclosed trailer

I apperciate all the info and tips on the bbq/smoker. I am wondering if anyone knows what type of panels are used on the outside of enclosed trailers,and avaibility and cost or other options. i have also never seen the structure of one to know how they r built, would one b able to use those steel studs they sell at hm depot? for the outside framing and roll some tubing for the top and attach? would listen to any advise or links !! thanks in advance!!

Originally posted by moneypitfootball View Post
    I apperciate all the info and tips on the bbq/smoker. I am wondering if anyone knows what type of panels are used on the outside of enclosed trailers,and avaibility and cost or other options. i have also never seen the structure of one to know how they r built, would one b able to use those steel studs they sell at hm depot? for the outside framing and roll some tubing for the top and attach? would listen to any advise or links !! thanks in advance!!
    As far as the sides go. Mine is aluminum you should be able to get it in white. A buddy of mine re-skinned his a while back...

Comment

Originally posted by moneypitfootball View Post
      I know a few years back Northern Tool used to sell trailer plans. Dont know if they still do.
      Miller Trailblazer 302
      Miller Passport Plus
      Miller Spoolmate 100
      Milwaukee 4 1/2" Angle Grinder
      Milwaukee Sawzall
      Miller Elite Inferno Hood
      Miller Diversion 180
      Miller Digital Elite Vintage Hood
      Miller Camo Digital Elite Hood

Comment

Originally posted by FastTenFive View Post
        As far as the sides go. Mine is aluminum you should be able to get it in white. A buddy of mine re-skinned his a while back...
        I think aluminum would be your best bet

Comment

Originally posted by J C View Post
          I know a few years back Northern Tool used to sell trailer plans. Dont know if they still do.
          Try this place for plans and info: http://www.trailerplans.com/index.ph...emart&Itemid=2
          Miller Syncrowave 200
          Homemade Water Cooler
          130XP MIG
          Spectrum 375
          60 year old Logan Lathe
          Select Machine and Tool Mill
          More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
            I also know a guy who has a wheelstanding bus but he made the whole thing from scratch out of aluminum & I asked him how he got the radius in the roof & he told me he bought a coil & when he unrolled it there was the radius.
            Miller Trailblazer 302
            Miller Passport Plus
            Miller Spoolmate 100
            Milwaukee Sawzall
            Miller Diversion 180

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
              Cool. Do they have any plans for an enclosed with a single axle? Didnt see them if they did. I've always been told you can buy them for alot cheaper than you could build them.
              Miller Trailblazer 302
              Miller Passport Plus
              Miller Spoolmate 100
              Milwaukee Sawzall
              Miller Diversion 180

Comment

Most enclosed trailers use .030" aluminum sheeting. some of the cheaper made trailers use .023" sheeting. ( would not recommend this) The trailers I build at work we use .040 sheeting. All of the above usually are"mill finish" on one side and a baked on enamel of varying colors on the front. .030 is more than sufficent. The wall studs are in most cases a very thin hat section wall stud or 1"x1 1/2" or 2" rect. tubing. The roof bows can be bought pre bent( also either tubing or a hat section). we also find that rounded roofs seem to have the most problems with leaking. we prefer a flat roof ( much easier to seal and stay sealed). hope this helps! Dont know where you are located but here is a link to our website. We might be able to help you out with parts. http://www.keystonetrailers.com
                mm251 w/ 30amp spool gun
                diversion 165
                mm140
                Hypertherm powermax 45

Comment

Working...
                X