X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsport
    started a topic pictures of homemade welding carts

pictures of homemade welding carts

i just got my new 211 yesterday and i'm in need of a cart for it.. it sure would be nice to see some homemade carts you guys have made so i can get some ideas from them and make my own........ and in the mean time i really am trying the search feature.... thanks Jim

• digr
    replied
    This cart is built a little different. Build is here

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    That sir, is not butchery. That's taking a crappy HF junker and making it useful. Plus you just fed something like 57 chinese plant workers. That's taking global action!
    Thank you Ryan! That there's funny.
    Last edited by Ironken; 10-15-2015, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    That sir, is not butchery. That's taking a crappy HF junker and making it useful. Plus you just fed something like 57 chinese plant workers. That's taking global action!

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    I figured I would throw this out there. I butchered a cheapo Harbor Freight cart to haul my welding tools and TIG filler (I don't usually buy cheap crap but, I didn't have the heart to butcher a nice cart). I used PVC conduit for the filler holder. It's not pictured here but, instead of using pvc couplings and a short length of PVC for the rod holder caps..... I use the Bell ends of the conduit cut about 12" long and cap the end. This way the Bell end simply slides over my storage tubes and I didn't have to purchase couplings. Each 10' length makes one tube and can be had for less than $3 plus 2 PVC caps (.66 ea.).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ironken; 10-15-2015, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Forbes
    replied
    Whole cart project pictures here: http://spcarsplus.com/gallery3/index...spot-II?page=1

I've been putting it to good use the past few days; installing an E-46 M3 trunkfloor assembly in the back of an E-46 (BMW) Touring (aka station wagon) so the owner can complete his conversion of a 325i wagon to an ///M3 Touring__something that BMW never made, but that my customer wanted (and by the grace of money, he can have it!).

Here's a small sampling of the spotwelds produced; yes, I'm using 2 or 3 times as many "strikes" as the factory originally did, but spot welds don't cost much money to worry about wasting them!

That whole job is here, if anyone's interested (note: great link to save if you ever suffer from insomnia...): http://spcarsplus.com/gallery3/index.php/SC-M3-Touring

Leave a comment:

• Randy Forbes
    replied

Clamp-type electrode attachment to use where access allows.

PVC pipe "insulators" in case I ever bump the switch putting them back in the pistol-grip holders.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Forbes
    replied
    Almost there...

After a trip to the local powder coater

And done!

Leave a comment:

• Randy Forbes
    replied
    As much as I wanted to keep my welding machines TRUE BLUE, Miller just didn't have what I needed for a current project. I'd been looking at Miller's spot welders for many years, but waited until a job came in that justified their purchase (I have to sleep with the accountant/bookkeeper, being married to her and all...).

Watching ebay, I scored a pretty great deal on a Snap On "one-sided" machine (it's actually a Lenco Spot MKII, marketed at MORE THAN TWICE the price__but I still managed to pick it up for about 1/3rd the cost of a new Lenco, and it's in really great shape, works great!).

Well the work cables are short, at maybe 5', so to reach inside the car's trunk, I'd have to put it practically on the floor (bad back, so I work on the cars on a lift, raised enough to limit how much bending over I have to do__getting old still beats getting dead, so I'm not complaining about my back!).

All that to say: I made a cart to raise the machine, so I wouldn't have to lower the car! And because it was red, I felt it needed to be True Blue, to match everything else in my shop!

Sticks out like a sore thumb!

Getting started...

Shelves (2) that won't collect debris

That's what I'm talking about; make it look like the one in the background!

To be continued...

Leave a comment:

• novaman64
    replied
    Decided to make a new cart that could hold all my crap MM211 and my plasma and 2 tanks...

16 ga 2x2 tubing...

And some cable management added on....

Leave a comment:

• Great White TJ
    replied
    This was a old water hose reel, I just added some angle and a base and paint.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010038_01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	519163

Leave a comment:

• novaman64
    replied
    Just finished mine for my new Millermatic 211...

Leave a comment:

• Clemet
    replied
    Here's mine that I threw together. The hardest part was connecting all the outlets together. I only run one machine at a time, and it is nice not having to unplug one just to use the other.

It is 2" sq 14ga with 2" 14ga angle supports. Topped with 18ga sheet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150807_194213.jpeg
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	519135
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150807_194244.jpeg
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	519136

Leave a comment:

• old jupiter
    replied
    For single bottles (around the 155 size) that you don't use a lot, here's a real simple solution: a golf-bag cart.

My dear departed dad once gave me one he'd found real cheap at a junkstore, saying he thought it might work for welding bottles. I thought it looked pretty flimsy, but eventually tried it, and Dad was right, it works great with no modification at all. Straps at the bottom and top hold the bottle in place, the wheels are big enough to work over semi-rough terrain, and it folds up if you're not using it. Cheap at yard sales, etc.; I bought a couple more so all my bottles of this size are on wheels.

This is obviously not for bottles you use a lot that need to be with a machine, or in pairs, but for example I keep my bottle of 50/50 helium/argon on a golf cart that makes it easy to pull out occasions that call for it.

Leave a comment:

• cwgrizz
    replied
    Design it in the fashion of a Hand Truck or even just get a small hand truck and fix a way to secure the bottles to it. Simple solution.

Handtruck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X