Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pictures of homemade welding carts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by chrisa7164 View Post
    very nice cart...I'd say the easiest way to take care of those up facing outlets is just get an outdoor receptacle cover. That should keep any wayward particles out of the outlets..just my 2 cents ..
    The outlets will be fine when I mount them facing outwards. I kinda like the stainless covers as they match the other side

    Comment


    • #62
      be sure to keep us updated when you do more work.

      Comment


      • #63
        my cart

        new to the forum and welding. i started a class in june of last year and finish this june. i thought i'd share my little welding cart i built for a used millermatic 135 i just bought not too long ago. this is my first project with my welder. i painted it to match the miller blue. i know it's basic but it serves the purpose.

        nathan
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #64
          Lookin pretty good there. It sure beats having to carry the welder,

          Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
          Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
          Clarke 180 EN Just in case
          Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
          O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
          Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
          4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
          Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
          Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
          I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.


          Projects and Misc Albums
          http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

          Comment


          • #65
            I like to build trucks that sit flat on the ground, so of coarse my welding cart had to be as low slung as possble! Don't worry, there is a verticle piece of 1*2 on the back to secure the tank to, and hold the recepticle for my extension cord.



            It needs a handle of some sort, currently I drag it around using the handle on top of the welder.

            I do plan on adding somewere to hang the gun and my helment. Currently it all gets piled on top of the bottle.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by kaoss View Post
              I like to build trucks that sit flat on the ground, so of coarse my welding cart had to be as low slung as possble! Don't worry, there is a verticle piece of 1*2 on the back to secure the tank to, and hold the recepticle for my extension cord.



              It needs a handle of some sort, currently I drag it around using the handle on top of the welder.

              I do plan on adding somewere to hang the gun and my helment. Currently it all gets piled on top of the bottle.
              i like your kick up for the front wheels...

              Comment


              • #67
                Great little cart there nj

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by kaoss View Post
                  I like to build trucks that sit flat on the ground, so of coarse my welding cart had to be as low slung as possble! Don't worry, there is a verticle piece of 1*2 on the back to secure the tank to, and hold the recepticle for my extension cord.



                  It needs a handle of some sort, currently I drag it around using the handle on top of the welder.

                  I do plan on adding somewere to hang the gun and my helment. Currently it all gets piled on top of the bottle.
                  That is badass man. And I hear ya about trucks that lay on the ground...I'm currently working on a 'bagged '99 silverado.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by ligito View Post
                    Here are a couple more shots.
                    Thank You so much for the mounting pics, I have finished the frames but don't know how everyone was mounting the tires.... thanks for sharing.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      just got a 211 and put it to work making a welding cart.




                      not done just ran out of steel

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by 4beater View Post
                        just got a 211 and put it to work making a welding cart.....not done just ran out of steel
                        Wow.. I like it, really like it. Less is more. Couple of questions?
                        Where else were you planning on adding steel? The only thing that I can see that I'd be a little bit nervous about is those tall bottle supports are cantilevered pretty far off the base. I'd sure like a tie in to the rest of the frame, either on one side or both sides of the tank.

                        Can I use you for inspiration for my next cart?
                        --zip

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by zipzit View Post
                          Wow.. I like it, really like it. Less is more. Couple of questions?
                          Where else were you planning on adding steel? The only thing that I can see that I'd be a little bit nervous about is those tall bottle supports are cantilevered pretty far off the base. I'd sure like a tie in to the rest of the frame, either on one side or both sides of the tank.

                          Can I use you for inspiration for my next cart?
                          --zip
                          i was planning on one bar to the bottle supports, so i could still get the bottle on from the other side.
                          and **** yes, use it as inspiration. thats why i posted it, to share with the world.
                          25 feet of steel and 10.00 for the wheels at menards, plus primer and paint. i think all together i have 65 dollars into it.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            My welding cart made out of scrap railing which used to line a college dorm. It's only primered at the moment and doesn't have a gas bottle yet for the back platform.

                            Next to the cart is my mechanic's shop seat made out of angle iron and expanded metal. Both were welded using MIG.


                            Comment


                            • #74
                              My first project

                              Here is a picture of the cart I made. When I bought my welder the carts were of 100 dollars so I figured I could make my own. This is literally my first welding project. Since I have built it I need to change some things around. I need a handle and I also need bigger hanger for my leads.








                              Comment


                              • #75
                                DV,

                                I like the red one. <G> Little comfort details sure help the job along!


                                Cheers, Rufus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X