• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by accardmi View Post
    Very nice cart Donc.
    Thanks,
    Don

Comment

• Red things

What are those ​red things on those welding carts?

Have a great day and be safe.
      Joe

Comment

• Diversion 180 stainless cart

I needed here for quite some time for ideas. I needed to learn stainless for a '48 Chevy header build (thus the use of tubing here) over the winter I came up with this in a sort of hot rod theme. I am finishing up with a couple details this morning as a mater of fact and should have a couple of completed updates within the next couple weeks or so as things are rather hecktic at present. More than happy to contribute though and thanks for the visual inspiration I gained from this thread in particular
        freezerburn
        Attached Files

Comment

• Diversion 180 stainless cart

This cart is based on a hotrod type of a theme and has taught me a thing or two about tigging stainless. My first tig project and it took me over the last 5-6 months. The cylinders are 3x 155 size and the cart is designed to be used with either the Diversion or the 200DX. In all truth the Dynasty will look better as it is a bit shorter and skinnier and a tad deeper. I've done a bit more and have finished it these last few days. Here are some pics from a week or more ago first-
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4075.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	519035Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4080.JPG
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	519036Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4081.JPG
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	519037

Comment

• Diversion 180 welding cart in Stainless Steel-

This was all to learn how to weld ss tube to build a header for my '48 Chevy car. So over the winter now I know I can proceed. Thanks for the help and assistance folks and the great ideas on this forum... so hre is my small contribution and I hope that you like it-
            Attached Files

Comment

• My Diversion 180 stainless tube cart

Iearned stainless over the winter with this cart. Oxy fuel was my past experience. My '48 Chevy Fleetline two door hardtop needs a header for the rodded original 216 straight six... Aaaaaaal this was in prep to build that heDer (same tubes and sizes) I'm feeling very connfdent about it now we'll see, lol.

Comment

• Diversion 180 Stainless welding cart

I'm turning bluer than my machine trying to get this posted, lol.
                freezer'
                Attached Files

Comment

• tttt

Here is the cart with an added "cab" for the hotrod look. Sorry for all the reposts- I was waiting for the mods to post and it was taking days... and I had reposted unknowingly 'freeze
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by freezerburn; 06-14-2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Dynasty 350 / Miller 252

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...rother)-Part-1

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...rother)-Part-2
                    NDAV8R
                    CANCER SURVIVOR
                    Commercial Pilot since 1975
                    MILLER DYNASTY 350 TIG
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX Tig
                    Miller 252 Mig with 30-A Spool Gun
                    Lincoln SP 270
                    Hypertherm 625 Plazma Cutter
                    Bridgeport Milling Machine
                    Clausing 10 x 24 Turning Lathe
                    Two 1918 16 x 60 South Bend Turning Lathes

Comment

• I can weld, and run machine tools and figure out how to make or fix things generally, but I sure do envy you guys with artistic imagination, freezerburn. Some decades ago I thought maybe I should start making decorative gates for rich folk; less work and more money, I guessed. So I sat down at the desk with some blank paper and commenced designing gates. A driveway gate is basically an elongated rectangle with hinges on one end, and a bunch of little kids hanging on the other end, taking a ride. So it has to have some strength, and I tried to figure out how to incorporate a diagonal member in an artistic way. I tried a sort of sunburst design, with a circle "the sun" in one corner, and straight "rays" radiating out from it (my diagonal members).

I filled two sheets of paper with various designs of this nature. Sitting there, surveying the truly sad results of my utter lack of artistic imagination, I realized I would never make it with gates, and had better stay with what I was doing.

Comment

• Old Jupiter

Thanks a ton for the thought.
                        i must say that I have spent weeks drawing the insides of a muffler I wanted to build, motorcycle frame stance, welding cart profiles, bike tanks, battery hold downs from aluminum, etc. what I wanted to say is that creativity is simply problem solving... one problem at a time until everything makes sense. Use a bit of extra metal for an accident coverup and it will be art
                        'freeze

Comment

• Jupiter, I absolutely agree with you. I can pretty much fix or build anything. Don't have a problem with plumbing, electrical, woodworking, finish carpentry, wood frame construction, welding (still learning but pretty comfortable with what I do), small engine repair, etc., etc. --- but when it comes to designing something that might be the tiniest bit artistic, I'm done...

I have a lot of respect for those folks who can just 'see' how something should look in the end and then go and make it so.....

Comment

• At this point in my life, age 69, I've decided the only talent that sets me apart from others is my great ability to lose things. Tools for instance, which can put down and lose in nano-seconds. I spend my days asking myself out loud, with extreme exasperation, "Now what the blank did I do with THAT!!!," followed by endless searching . . . .

Freezerburn, I'm not sure I agree with your idea about accidental art. My most recent accident involved a perfectly simple flat-position fill weld of a V-groove on 1/2" mild steel with 5/32" E7018. Somehow I "lost the line," and I still can't imagine what I thought I was seeing (well, the sun was behind my helmet), but my bead wandered off away from the V-groove and across the basemetal in a random, meandering path for a good eight inches until I stopped and raised my lid. I'll have to grind it off, nothing artistic could be done with it, but for now I'm leaving it as evidence of how welding, my welding, can go bad.
                            Last edited by old jupiter; 07-08-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• That was pretty funny. Seems veerry familiar, lol. freeze'

Comment

• Well, I'm 60 and I think I could give you a run for your money in the lost/forgotten items category!!

My grandson loves it -- I'll check out the Walmart $5 video bin and bring home a couple movies that I've 'always wanted' and get home and find I already had them!! He gets the duplicates (if it's something for a kid to watc, that is...).

Comment

Working...
                                X