Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pictures of homemade welding carts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pepi View Post
    Finished the hand cart conversion, finally got the weather I needed to paint it.


    Name:  c33134139317a116f88c7283963d78d3.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  b93b978d9d4f1261ac230e698b691615.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  75.1 KB
    Name:  fb338672c6a03681068b9441ce99e9a6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  77.9 KB
    Name:  a1481c6ed897196c42ff984932700e26.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  78.8 KB
    Nice job.

    Comment


    • Almost done welding mine up.


      Welding Table Retirement - Mint Design
      Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

      Comment


      • Finally finished mine, including the paint

        I bought my welder about 3 weeks ago and used it to repair my elderly plow. I then decided I need some type of cart and walaa, I found this site. I looked at a lot of pics and decided to design my own. I drew it up, and its frame is built form 1x2 1/8" tubing. Got no fancy metal saws, so it was sawzall and angle grinder with cut off wheel. Anyway, what do you all think?
        Name:  ab03e108f54c11d7f1d27602f9665989.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  37.8 KB
        Name:  8b9250fa5e064073066dec1b7ff23e33.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  42.0 KB
        Name:  21773a6cdde98cb0f549b163f2b1b950.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  50.7 KB
        Name:  88613a5bcc23deb82211067cf6f6b509.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  47.1 KB

        Comment


        • some photos really cool! very interesting topic. thanks for all who post photos here.

          Comment


          • The one thing that I really like about my welding table is the looped gussets. They allow me to slip whatever filler I need for the job at hand.


            TIG welding and CNC cutting - Mint Design

            You can see some ER70S-2 filler rods at the bottom. They are still in the PVC tube, the cap is taken off and the tube with the filler is slid under the table. When the job is done I just put the filler away. The next job may have some SS or AL filler put in it's place.
            Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

            Comment


            • My welding cart attempt!!

              Here's my attempt at a welding cart that has about everything you need to make it convenient to store most everything welding related, I scratch built it from mostly stainless, only because I got the SS in a deal....I installed an electrical sub panel, all wired safely, to eliminate running multiple power cables across the floor, not the cheap way to do it, but it's much nicer. Power is fed from a 220V wall outlet in the garage, it splits to 110v at the cart panel enabling the use of the TIG cooler.

              It also has the air line plumbed for the plasma cutter that includes a filter. I would like to have a reel for an air hose but ran out of room. Overall a really fun build. If anyone would like to see the entire build thread, you can check it out at http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php...114&start=1395 I warn you, there are lots of pics and pages to check out![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by goichi1; 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM.

              Comment


              • Nice, great job. Perfect fit too. I don't know about the chippin hammer. That drawer is gonna get heavy after a few swings.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                  Nice, great job. Perfect fit too. I don't know about the chippin hammer. That drawer is gonna get heavy after a few swings.
                  Nice one! I hadn't thought about that!! Thanks for the kind comments!

                  Comment


                  • Like the cart all painted blue and the chipping hammer is different. I have about 100 of those springs that screw on 1/2" rod if anyone needs some drop me a pm...Bob
                    Bob Wright

                    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by goichi1 View Post
                      Here's my attempt at a welding cart that has about everything you need to make it convenient to store most everything welding related, I scratch built it from mostly stainless, only because I got the SS in a deal....I installed an electrical sub panel, all wired safely, to eliminate running multiple power cables across the floor, not the cheap way to do it, but it's much nicer. Power is fed from a 220V wall outlet in the garage, it splits to 110v at the cart panel enabling the use of the TIG cooler.

                      It also has the air line plumbed for the plasma cutter that includes a filter. I would like to have a reel for an air hose but ran out of room. Overall a really fun build. If anyone would like to see the entire build thread, you can check it out at http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php...114&start=1395 I warn you, there are lots of pics and pages to check out![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
                      The cart design looks really nice. I was wondering though, are you not concerned about the lack of air space behind the welders for air circulation? Page 19 of the 211 manual specifies 18" of space behind and in front for air flow. I believe the space requirement spec is the same for the Dynasty too, I know it is the same for my MM252.

                      It mentions the air space on page 17 of the Dynasty 200 manual.
                      Last edited by clint738; 04-15-2013, 09:23 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by clint738 View Post
                        The cart design looks really nice. I was wondering though, are you not concerned about the lack of air space behind the welders for air circulation? Page 19 of the 211 manual specifies 18" of space behind and in front for air flow. I believe the space requirement spec is the same for the Dynasty too, I know it is the same for my MM252.

                        It mentions the air space on page 17 of the Dynasty 200 manual.
                        I did think about that before I started building, but I am not too worried as I am a home garage hobbyist and will probably never run either machine full load or even close during my normal use, and if I do, I could always pull the machine forward to give it more area.

                        Thanks for the insight! Rich

                        Comment


                        • Cart for my 211 I finished up tonight....

                          Speed holes....



                          Leather strap for the tank...



                          Brass rivets to secure...

                          Comment


                          • I'm planning a welding cart for indoor use. (Cart will Be for Tig and Stick)

                            When fabbing: WHAT DO YOU USE EVERY DAY?

                            Here's what i have come up with:
                            2 gas bottles
                            Tig Rod Can x 6 flavors
                            Stick Rod Can x 4 flavors
                            Water Cooler
                            Tig Accessory Box
                            Grinders 2
                            110 Outlet
                            Brushes
                            clamps
                            fire extinguisher
                            gloves 2 pr (tig, Stick)
                            Forklift Pockets
                            Framing Squares

                            Things to hang
                            Grinding Wheels
                            Grinders 2
                            stick lead
                            ground
                            pedal
                            pedal cord
                            Tig Lead
                            Hood
                            Face Shield
                            110 Cord
                            480 cord
                            Air Hose
                            Chipping hammer
                            3lb Sledge


                            Thoughts?
                            Too Much? Too Little?

                            Drawings will follow....
                            Last edited by coronan; 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Name:  c203591d393ced15b17d2b9a46b525e5.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  35.4 KBName:  d1677c055e29dfe5f3a9b347a840f751.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  36.6 KBName:  82dacc1ad331e5b78df5902207166bc9.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  33.3 KB

                              Comment


                              • First project with new welder....

                                Name:  f920d7c9e5544f45d685bf9d493e141d.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  44.6 KBName:  9749f16a456a21f4b73beb1078ea7331.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  42.5 KBName:  680a7d0c6522a65cfca6bdb32dcde84f.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  48.9 KBName:  8dc396bbfb29113ffa5096dd13adca9a.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  39.5 KBName:  fb85f55c1266a6231c28c05fe47fd187.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  56.0 KB

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X