Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

pictures of homemade welding carts

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a couple pics of my cart since its improvement. The best addition to this cart was the 211AS. Its not much but it works well, the large casters in the front are big enough to roll well over my rough broken driveway. That was a big plus.

This is a link to the album with all the pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfrie...eat=directlink

Attached Files

Comment

I needed something that would go over very rough ground outside to weld on the unimog or plow, or whatever. I also needed it to be relatively easy to pull, rather than needing two men and a small boy to tug and drag crappy hard wheels. I opted for a rugged wheeled dolly as a good base.

The last picture shows it reclined. This IS NOT a position I welded from, simply a picture to demonstrate some of the versatility of the cart.

Comment

I almost forgot the cart for the stickmate.

Again here is the link to the album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfrie...eat=directlink

Attached Files

Comment

This is what I made for my 211.
          I gleaned ideas from many posters.
          I want to change the steering wheels to pneumatic casters, if I can't get some 1/2 in stainless rod for the handle, as it flexes too much and limits the steering.
          I've had the drawers arounf for over 25 years, so included them.
          Attached Files

Comment

just go to LOWE'S they have hundred's of welding cart rolling around the parking lot and their already blue.
            i got a free miller one with my 211. then added a arm to hold the leed's

Comment

Here's the setup for my syncrowave 250

Rod boxes on both sides of the cart

Tig torch ready for action..

Front wheels / trailer tongue quick pin in to place to move it across town

the next cart will be for the Hypertherm 1250..it will be an off road version for the outback (behind the shop)

Comment

Nice job, I am sure we would all like to see some other shop pics as well.

Comment

If you build the cart....the welder will come...
                  Attached Files

Comment

My attempt at a aluminum cart for my dynasty. It's not finished but is anything in a welder's shop ? I'll update as progress continues.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ligito View Post
                      This is what I made for my 211.
                      I gleaned ideas from many posters.
                      I want to change the steering wheels to pneumatic casters, if I can't get some 1/2 in stainless rod for the handle, as it flexes too much and limits the steering.
                      I've had the drawers arounf for over 25 years, so included them.

Ligito:
                      Can you post a pic of how the steering was mounted

The bottom of your welding cart...

Comment

Here are some steps that I took, including a revision in design.
                        It was all new to me, so I struggled until it worked (kinda worked).
                        If I change the handle to 1/2 in it will be better but I may change to pneumatic swivel casters and keep the handle, it will steer better that way.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple more shots.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few pics of the Aluminium cart I made. My 200 DX sets on top but is in the shop right now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hale Yeah Fabrication View Post
                              Here are a few pics of the Aluminium cart I made. My 200 DX sets on top but is in the shop right now.
                              Now that is something different
                              When you get the Dynasty back on the cart, how about snapping another pic?

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                                Now that is something different
                                When you get the Dynasty back on the cart, how about snapping another pic?

You got it. Hopefully it will be soon....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.