Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New workbench for a customer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New workbench for a customer

Thought you folks might be interested in a project we are working on for a customer. A new shop workbench that I wish was staying here.Dimensions are 10 ft.long,36" high. Used 99ft. of 1-1/2" sq. tube. Put 6" X 1/2" plate on either end on front corners to mount vise after top is installed. Top is 10 guage sheet. 30" from front to back. Remainder of 10 guage used as a short back on second shelf to keep things from falling off. Second shelf & ends are 14 guage.
    Attached Files

Nice...Bob

Comment

Very nice. Do you know what kind of work it's going to be used for?

Comment

Thanks Bob. Liked your boring bar you made on the other site. Good work as well.

Comment

The bench is a workbench for a customers new shop. He will be using to do farm machinery repairs.
          Last edited by metal-doctor; 01-27-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I think im gonna have to build one

Comment

Work Bench

Very Nice Job!
              I like the back splash to keep parts from rolling off and falling behind where you can't reach them.

Comment

Get the Forklift!

That'll be one heavy bench to move!Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Olsen View Post
                  Very nice. Do you know what kind of work it's going to be used for?
                  Jack what are you doing outside of garage journal?

Comment

Hey, wherever there's a workbench -- that's where you'll find me.

Comment

I want one! No make that 2. I need an extra with a drop in slot to put the cutoff saw.

Comment

captkipp: Funny you should say that as another customer came through shop today & did exactly that,ordered 2. So here we go again. At least I have measurements handy!

Comment

Originally posted by captkipp View Post
                          I want one! No make that 2. I need an extra with a drop in slot to put the cutoff saw.
                          Drop in slot for the chop saw, perfect idea captkipp!

Comment

Originally posted by metal-doctor View Post
                            captkipp: Funny you should say that as another customer came through shop today & did exactly that,ordered 2. So here we go again. At least I have measurements handy!
                            That'll keep you out of trouble... and the cold weather outside!!!

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
                            Drop in slot for the chop saw, perfect idea captkipp!
                            Yeah that is a great idea. We made a material rack at the shop that has a spot in the middle for our miter saw (we use it to cut aluminum extrusions) and a roller bed on either side. It works very slick, you just have to clean up the short crops that always seem to clutter everything up!!!

Comment

Real nice job on that bench. I like the chop saw idea also.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.