Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why why why ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why why why ?

I use Pennsoil for everything except for the Kaw Jet Ski and the two Yamaha
    4 wheelers. Why is it so hard to find 30 weight Pennsoil. You can find multi viscosity all over the place. All my mowers, power washer, ZTR mower, chipper shredders etc call for straight 30 weight oil. It's hard to find at times.
    WHY

You might try a place that sells to folks working on equipment and tractors.
    Older farm tractors call for it. Any parts store could order it for ya-
    maybe only by the case, but they can get it.

Comment

Nick,
      Free shipping and $20 off purchases of $100 or more.
      Nick
      http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...=17-46888918-2

Comment

$3.89 for a quart which they call 20 oz..........I don't think so. Thanks anyway

Comment

Send Mr Shell Oil an email ask ask him why??? That stuff is packaged about 30 miles from me...Bob

Comment

well I get mine at the wal-mart

Comment

Originally posted by m.k.swelding View Post
              well I get mine at the wal-mart
              I may have to try that. Most auto parts stores don't carry it. They may have it if it is an off or house brand. Pennsoil.........worth asking for
              Last edited by monte55; 01-19-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Locate a Pennzoil distributor in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                  I use Pennsoil for everything except for the Kaw Jet Ski and the two Yamaha
                  4 wheelers. Why is it so hard to find 30 weight Pennsoil. You can find multi viscosity all over the place. All my mowers, power washer, ZTR mower, chipper shredders etc call for straight 30 weight oil. It's hard to find at times.
                  WHY
                  Pennzoil ???? OMG thats a big NO NO
                  i have seen cars and trucks that broke down dew to the amount of buildup from that oil.
                  i cant remember names of who did the testing on the oils but Pennzoil came in last in every test
                  Quaker Steak came in first or beast in all most all test
                  imo. i would not use Pennzoil in anything
                  gary...

Comment

Originally posted by glh View Post
                    Pennzoil ???? OMG thats a big NO NO
                    i have seen cars and trucks that broke down dew to the amount of buildup from that oil.
                    i cant remember names of who did the testing on the oils but Pennzoil came in last in every test
                    Quaker Steak came in first or beast in all most all test
                    imo. i would not use Pennzoil in anything
                    gary...
                    Weird - I haven't heard that Pennzoil is by no means the best, but I've always heard that Quaker State is the worst. I guess it depends on who you talk to. Im sure someone like Consumer Reports or something like that has done some tests, but I don't know. Probably more important than anything is regular service. I've always used Valvoline and Mobil. I have, however, switched almost everything to Archer this past year. As far as the original question, all the NAPA stores around here stock it (I have been told that it is actually Valvoline, but have nothing other than what they tell me to back that up)

OK - a quick search I found this article, pretty interesting:

http://www.moneybluebook.com/article....oilchange.php
                    Last edited by willy; 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM. Reason: More info....

Comment

Wow I have always heard HORRIBLE things about Pennzoil, I will have to dig up the pictures of the sludged up engine that had its oil changed every 3-5000 miles exclusively on Pennzoil.

Mobile 1 or Castrol for me please.

-Dan

Comment

Shell, Quaker State, Pennzoil come from the same company...Bob

In 1998, the company merged with onetime rival Quaker State to form Pennzoil-Quaker State. In 2002, the Royal Dutch/Shell Group purchased Pennzoil-Quaker State to form SOPUS--Shell Oil Products US.
                        Last edited by aametalmaster; 01-20-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by engnerdan View Post
                          Wow I have always heard HORRIBLE things about Pennzoil, I will have to dig up the pictures of the sludged up engine that had its oil changed every 3-5000 miles exclusively on Pennzoil.

Mobile 1 or Castrol for me please.

-Dan
                          I've been using Pennsoil since 1971. I use it in my cars, vans, mowers etc. I figure I driven close to a million miles now and have never has a oil related failure.

Comment

I use Castrol GTX or Valvoline.

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                              I've been using Pennsoil since 1971.
                              At least thats what you are paying for. Who really knows whats in the jug. I have heard so many stories of packaging of oil over the years of working with big oil...Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.