Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob's Chevy Equinox Brush Guard project.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vectorsolid View Post
    I was worried about the cooling as well. But there is a LOT of grill opening to each side, above and below down by the spoiler. When you see it in person, it's a non-issue. Plenty of air hits it. We were going to put a skid plate on it... THAT, we thought would keep the air from getting in there. so we didn't do it.

On the bends, Tube shark. On the main LONG roll of the bar that matches the bumper, baleigh roll bender.

Should be able to pick it uip from the paint shop today!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Appreciate the kind words.
    Couldn't you hold the front of the skid plate back far enough so as not to restrict the air flow? Or you could always do what we did with our 4x4 trucks back in the 70's and put several holes in the front to allow for air and put some heavy expanded metal behind them to keep small sticks or rocks from coming through? There is usually a way to keep air from being restricted to the point where it will cause problems with enough thought. If I were there I could probably figure it out.

Comment

On the bends, Tube shark. On the main LONG roll of the bar that matches the bumper, baleigh roll bender.
      I'm just a weekend warrior, don't do it for a living.
      Some VERY nice tools for a weekend warrior!

Comment

I have a very patient wife.

Comment

I have a very patient wife.
          Your wife must crave diamonds instead of shoes!

Comment

what's a shoe?

Comment

updated the images file with completed pics, painted, and on the car. VERY happy with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3409832...7623212543828/

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.