Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pc200 bucket repair

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc200 bucket repair

Got a call to fix this the other day.Made it over there today to find this mess.Guys in ledge with another PC300 doing the hammering he,s removing, or he was removing till this happened.New piece going in is 3/8"Thk.10"x36"A36 Steel.Need to finish tommorrow will post more pics for ya,s when done.Enjoy.
    Attached Files

What a mess! Can't wait to see the repair.

Comment

Finished pics

Here,s a couple of pics of it all together.Last one is a shot of the inside of the bucket.
      Attached Files

Comment

One if these days I will have the skill to take on a project like that. Nit now but in the future for sure.

Comment

Good post, Admweld. A proper repair, better, faster, stronger, cheaper in the long run, than trying to chase cracks, and fill huge gaps in what you had to start with.

This is the type of post, others can learn from.

Just curious, how's things going work-wise for you right now?? I'm sure there was plenty of snow-plowing, but what about the welding???

Still slow here, but it's starting to pick up some. Mostly off-season maintenance, but that's all I normally get this time of year anyway. Not quite ready, to move back to MA.

Comment

Excellent repair job there! I couldn't have done it better myself.

Comment

I assume you used NR-212 or 232? How is the cable hoist holding up?

Comment

What cable hoisting?And yes i ran NR-212 .068.

Comment

The winch thing you stuck on your jib crane about a year ago.

Comment

Awesome just used it the other day to unload a 8' snowplow off a customers truck.Hasn,t fell down yet,and had 1800lbs on it.

Comment

is the plate ar-400?

Comment

Originally posted by m.k.swelding View Post
                        is the plate ar-400?
                        If you read the first post i put in,it states that the new pc is A36 steel.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.