Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aotherr cart thread

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aotherr cart thread

I couldnt stand the clutter any more. I allready had one of Millers decent mig carts but I knew I could make it better. LOL. I added a Cylinder rack to the back of it two hold 2 cylinders. One for 25/75% and one for 100%. I also ran a #10 power cord 18 feet long and put in two 220 volt receptacles. no more 6 foot cord for me! After that I added an top shelf for a 165 tig welder and a filler rod rack on the side as well as hose and cable racks on both sides and one on the back for the large power cord. One cord at the wall and power on the cart for both welders. In the pctures I have a 125 mini mig but the cart is made for the tig thats in the photo as well as a Hobart 187 hence the two 220 receptacles. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hotrodjohn; 01-10-2010, 05:18 PM.

Originally posted by hotrodjohn View Post
    I couldnt stand the clutter any more. I allready had one of Millers decent mig carts but I knew I could make it better. LOL. I added a Cylinder rack to the back of it two hold 2 cylinders. One for 25/75% and one for 100%. I also ran a #10 power cord 18 feet long and put in two 220 volt receptacles. no more 6 foot cord for me! After that I added an top shelf for a 165 tig welder and a filler rod rack on the side as well as hose and cable racks on both sides and one on the back for the large power cord. One cord at the wall and power on the cart for both welders. In the pctures I have a 125 mini mig but the cart is made for the tig thats in the photo as well as a Hobart 187 hence the two 220 receptacles. What do you guys think?
    Nicely done hotrodjohn whit the base of ''decent mig carts'' and yes we can do it better to fit whit are need!

Comment

Nicely done Hotrod.

Comment

Look at those cute little cylinders.

Comment

I know those cylinders kind of suck. The rack should hold 80s ok though

Comment

Just tease'n ya a little.

If they meet your needs and don't run out too quickly for your taste - no need to sink money into bigger ones.

Comment

I have four like that. always one full set to the side

Comment

I do however feel that the postflow on he Diversion is a bit long in some cases. Wish I could turn it down a little. I run the argon at about 12-14 on the tig and it seems to run out twice as fast as the 25 on the mig from all the postflow

Comment

I'd turn the flow down on the mig to 15cfh unless you're outside or have massive drafts in your shop.

Mig arc time is so much lower for the same deposition as tig - that's why your gas lasts longer with it.

Comment

as long as it works for you. good job.

Comment

Nice job. You packed everything in there pretty tight, but can still get at what you need. I may need to crib some of that cart design for my space challenged work area.

Comment

i made this one
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here it is with the 187. I really thought about this one. I almost bought the 180 Miller. I had that 125 Hobart for years and abused it plenty. The best price I could find for the 180 was 765. I thought for the price I payed the Hobart was a better deal. I used it briefly tonight and it makes WAY more heat than the old 125. LOL. Here is a picture on the cart and the link for what I payed for the 187
                          http://farmandfleet.com/products/537...3dhobart%2b187
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.