Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

8"x8"x7' I Beam For Sale Or Trade

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8"x8"x7' I Beam For Sale Or Trade

Let Me Know What You Have To Trade
    Or What You Want To Pay
    Brand New Beam
    RIDGEFIELD PARK NEW JERSEY
    Last edited by MYBOYDAVE; 10-27-2007, 08:08 PM.

Where are you and the beam located?

Comment

I take it this is "W" or wide flange beam, do you know what the lbs/ft is? If not can I can get the thickness of the flange and the web?
      Thanks

Comment

I also see you up near NYC do you have a good way to ship to S. Jersey?

Comment

Originally posted by reggie
          7 FT WHATS IT ANY GOOD FOR..GARBAGE,GIVE IT AWAY...
          If you had to buy it you wouldn't consider it garbage. Fwiw I bought a 12' 8" 24 lb. per ft beam and it was $135 . A new 20ft 8" 24 lb per ft was $270.

Comment

Short lengths of I-Beam such as this are great for making heavy duty horses.

Weld a couple lengths of channel on and use angle iron for the base and you're good to go.

I have a couple that I use all the time for mounting a vice, a tubing roller, a pipe bender, etc. One is the same height as my welding table, which works great for larger pieces.

Not useless, but reallly doesn't have much "commercial" value. I get my beams out of my buddy's scrap dumpster (runs a large fab shop).

Comment

I have a piece like that with a vise on one end and a notcher on the other. Also if someone was looking to build a log splitter or a small gantry that would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisa7164 View Post
                I have a piece like that with a vise on one end and a notcher on the other. Also if someone was looking to build a log splitter or a small gantry that would be perfect.
                Funny you should say that - just started looking last week for some to build a gantry to pull a cab and pickup box off of a frame. Too bad it's half a country away.....

Comment

Nominal 8" flange width could be 31-67 lbs per ft.

W8x31
                  W8x35
                  W8x40
                  W8x48
                  W8x58
                  W8x67

Not very specific, is it?

Comment

I hevent seen a solid price tag yet.

Comment

Need one W8X48 load bearing steel supporting beam about 18 feet long in Edison, NJ

Need on W8X48 load bearing supporting, 18 feet long + bearing to be delivered in Edison, NJ

Comment

Look up steel suppliers near Edison, NJ. Try Samson Metals or Metals USA.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.