Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilot Sculpture

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Sculpture

The WW2 Pilot sculpture is half done! This sculpture will be going in front of the Jackson County Airport, Jackson MI. I have 280 hours in this project so far. Let me know what you think!
    Attached Files

That's Great. My uncle was a WWII pilot. Great stories he has...Bob

Comment

more...

More pictures of sculpture and my blue-prints.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good.
        It's like he's putting his helmet on.

Comment

Thats incredible, simply amazing to see sketches turned into 3D art. I have no artistic abilities.

-Dan

Comment

Very cool, Looks like too much work.

Comment

That's great. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

Cool project. Yes, keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba9459 View Post
                  Very cool, Looks like too much work.
                  *laffs* Like you should talk, with your squiggly twisty thingamabob you're building ....

Great work so far, please keep updating this thread with pictures .....

Comment

Very nice! I even like the little punched metal piece in the frame on the wall over the light switch in the last picture. Maybe you can also fill us in on some of the steps you take to make this, if it's not too much of a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by lens42 View Post
                      Very nice! I even like the little punched metal piece in the frame on the wall over the light switch in the last picture. Maybe you can also fill us in on some of the steps you take to make this, if it's not too much of a secret.

This was a clock I made a few years ago. I made the frame using my break, and then used a piece of expanded metal and some sheet metal for the center piece. I then welded washers on the back of the center, and drilled holes in the outer frame. Then used copper wire to "web" the center in. Put the guts of an old clock in it, and it has kept the time in my shop ever since.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.