X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTRODWILLYS
    started a topic Filler metal rack

Filler metal rack

Hi everyone, this will be the first time posting here. Thought I would share some pictures of the Filler Metal holder I just made out of pine and PVC. I'm a long time mig welder and just recently purchased a 300DX which I am in the process of learning how to use, so far so good.
    Attached Files

• wireburner
    replied
    OPPS sorry y`all I forgot the pic.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    VERY nice job guys! Pete, won't you want it covered to decrease the chance of dirt and oxidation?

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    here is my cousin`s tig wire holder on his syncowave 250,i did some of the welds on it each pipe holdes 4 differnt sizes , 1 for carbon , 1 for ss, 1 for aluim ,

HOTRODWILLYS i like that may have to make one like it for my stick rods when i get my Stickmate!

Leave a comment:

• Stick rod
    replied
    Very nice and clean design.Also welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• HOTRODWILLYS
    replied
    Hey Pete, I was just practicing welding today and said to myself where am I going to put all these short pieces? I quess I will get a separte tube to put them all in, I like the idea of the portable rack you designed, I will definitly need to make something like that down the road,

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Whoops , forgot the picture.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    I dont mean to muscle in or anything but I thought this might be a good spot to show mine. Its not really a storage type like youres, its more for of a holder for them while welding. It was actually my first tig project, its built out of a bunch of scrap and some 1 1/4" EMT. If you look closely at the top of the tray there is a carrying handle that folds down on the tray. Also the tubes will lift out for cleaning or if you drop a short peice down the tube.

Leave a comment:

• Camaro Zach
    replied
    Great idea, ill add it to my list

Leave a comment:

• HOTRODWILLYS
    replied
    Rust-Oleum --- Sail Blue,,,,,

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    Is that painted? or laminate

Leave a comment:

• HOTRODWILLYS
    replied
    The inside story,,,,,,,,,
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Hi Hotrod

Just joined a couple of weeks ago and also just purchased my first tig too. I've been trying to think of how I want store my rods and I really like your Idea. I think I'm going to Home Depot to get some material tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Frank

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Very impressive, I have mine in PVC also ... but they are just leaning against the wall Oh yeah, welcome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X