Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Material Selection Advice

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Selection Advice

I have a 5 X 8 trailer rated for 5200lbs. I need to permanently affix a 2500 lb piece of machinery to this trailer. It will need to sit 24" off the deck of the trailer. Can someone suggest what material to use to construct a "cage" on which to mount this machinery. 2x4 rectangle tubing has been suggested. Is that a little excessive? Any design advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks-Mark

what are you it putting on it.

Comment

I need to place a wood fired oven on this trailer. Attached is a picture of what I'm trying to accomplish. I need to know what materials would be recommended to "frame" the brown enclosure you see in the pic. I want to be sure the fabricator I have hired is using proper material (both + and -).
      Thanks for responding. I appreciate the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Never mind

Comment

The answer to your question is there is no particular size that it must be made out of.

It could be made with anything from 16g 3/4" tubing up to 6"x6"x1/4" HSS and beyond depending on the spacing of the members and the connection layout..
          Last edited by Bodybagger; 01-01-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.