Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade Christmas Present

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Christmas Present

I was walking down the isles of Home Depot and saw this light (Pic1). Then with some left over half inch square steel and some 1" flat bar I went out to the shop and made a bird bath. That's what I'm calling it.

The Light cost $30, the steel (if I bought it) cost $4. Made it in 2 hours.

This is the first project that I drew up in TurboCad and rendered an image of it (Pic 2) to see how it would look.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Any comments or comparables post.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

Very nice, professional looking.

Charlie

Comment

I like it. Shows good imagination and design work too.

Comment

It looks nice but I don't get it. You paid $30 for the light only to use part of it.

Comment

That's going to make a great Gift!

That is very nice work looks very professionally done!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
            It looks nice but I don't get it. You paid $30 for the light only to use part of it.
            I get it. I do that all the time. That's probably the cheapest way to get a glass bowl like that. Another good source for project bits are cooking utensils. You can find nice formed SS and aluminum pieces that would be tough to get any other way. Every month or so, I cruise Goodwill.

Comment

Great Idea !

Cool Project, Very nice !!
              Just Don't Bump into it !

............ Norm

Comment

He paid $30 for a bowl for a project
                and got a mess of spare/repair parts for lights in his house for free

Frank

Comment

looks good i like it.

Comment

I don't think Tweety would like it too much if he used the other parts inna his bird bath

Comment

so how many watts is the bird bath

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                        I don't think Tweety would like it too much if he used the other parts inna his bird bath
                        Actually, here in the upper-right corner, Tweety just might
                        like it... It's kinda hard to take a bath, or get a drink, when the
                        water is solid (I know, an alien concept to you lower-lefters

Happy new year

Frank

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.