X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel
    started a topic Lets see some projects, any

Lets see some projects, any

This forum is getting a little bored these days. I'd like to see some of the recent project you guys did lately. it can be practical or decorative from home or on the job.
    With a little explaination of what was it about and why.
    Of coarse I'll start this one.
    This was a flat deck we put on our new delivery truck. Nothing fancy, it has to be stong enough to carry a load of bottles up right in the front and some heavy equipment parts and loads of steel.
    The frame is 5"x3"x3/8" with 3" channel cross member sitting on 6" channel
    deck is 6" t&g pressure treated Fir. The back end was form by our local A.J. Forsyth.
    My part in it was building the headach rack.

Now come on dont be shy lets see those project can be as small as fixing the grand son tricycle and big as fixing the Hoover Dam
    Attached Files

• Daniel
    replied
    Dan land, these gates looks great.
    Gate fabrication has always been on my mind.
    These gates must be worth a few dollars.

Leave a comment:

• dan land
    replied
    I'm new to this forum. but have been burnin rod for many years. thought I would share some pics. sorry for the crappy cell pics
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    This is a recent window guard a fabricate for a local plywood plant.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	511755Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002_1_1.JPG
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	511756Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005_1_1.JPG
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	511757Click image for larger version

Name:	work 005_1_1_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	511754

Leave a comment:

• pro70z28
    replied
    Got that bottle tray done.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    These are aluminum trailer ramps i didn't built them but i did seal weld where they cut off 2" on the bottom end. Downhill with my 3035 spoolgun with my MM185. Nice 5 minute job...Bob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tom37
    replied
    This is my latest project, and it was actually my first paying gig. With a little luck this sort of stuff will fund my hobbies when I retire.

These are cut free hand with a 375 x treme in 16 ga mild steel.
    Patterns were made the hard way, tracing the customers photo's with Ink Scape software.
    Printed to scale and cut out, made ready for tracing to the 16 ga.
    The outlines were traced with black sharpie and the straight cuts were done with a x acto knife then marked in black prior to cutting.

Leave a comment:

• Bistineau
    replied
    House steps

Here's my latest project. All that's left is to install filler panels for the handrails. It is made fClick image for larger version

Name:	green steps.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	511721rom 2x2x1/4 & 2.5x2.5 angle, 2x2x1/4 tube, 1.25x1.25x.125 tube and 1.5" bar grating for treads and deck area. They may possibly outlast the house, which is only 1 year old.Click image for larger version

Name:	weld%20sign.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	511720My attachments didn't end up where I wanted them, they are buried in the text. If I figure out how to reduce the file size of some of my other construction pics I will add them.
    Last edited by Bistineau; 05-11-2011, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Burnt hands
    replied
    Another goofy project.

Gift for a golfer friend to hold a cold drink.

All stainless steel.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Burnt hands
    replied
    One of my goofy projects - a nutcracker.
    Saw one in a store but decided to make one out of stainless at 10 times the cost.

Bolt is 3/4-10 and parts are 1/4" plate.
    The ram is piece of 3/4 IPS pipe sliding fit inside a piece of 1" IPS pipe.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• johny_1102
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    3 days, how many people help you ?

we are two guys.
    it took 1 day to cut and prepare the pieces, 1 day to a assemble the stairs and 1 day for the railings. its actually 2 stairs of 5 feet wide to ease transportation. you would be surprised what we can do in one day.
    this was the end result once it was installed.

Name:	SAM_0160.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	511681

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by swat253 View Post
    This is a very simple and quick "project" that I threw together one afternoon.

I inherited my late father's toolbox and I always try to use some of his tools in any project I undertake; whether it be a wrench, a hammer or a file. If I'm building something for myself, I always try to incorporate a bolt, nut, cotter pin or a washer into the build. On this afternoon, I was looking to build a quick cigar holder and I found a thin, flat washer and a small piece of round stock. I brushed them off with a wire brush, bent the rod to a V shape, tacked them together and sprayed it with a hammered finish. The end result works perfectly with any ring gauge cigar that I happen to be smoking! I can always sit back and reflect on the all the good times I shared with my Dad!

I'll get around to posting some bigger stuff later...
    These, are always the cool.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by johny_1102 View Post
    [ATTACH]27161[/ATTACH]

this one project this year. it took about 3 days to make.
    3 days, how many people help you ?

Leave a comment:

• swat253
    replied
    A simple, quick project...

This is a very simple and quick "project" that I threw together one afternoon.

I inherited my late father's toolbox and I always try to use some of his tools in any project I undertake; whether it be a wrench, a hammer or a file. If I'm building something for myself, I always try to incorporate a bolt, nut, cotter pin or a washer into the build. On this afternoon, I was looking to build a quick cigar holder and I found a thin, flat washer and a small piece of round stock. I brushed them off with a wire brush, bent the rod to a V shape, tacked them together and sprayed it with a hammered finish. The end result works perfectly with any ring gauge cigar that I happen to be smoking! I can always sit back and reflect on the all the good times I shared with my Dad!

I'll get around to posting some bigger stuff later...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by swat253; 05-04-2011, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• johny_1102
    replied
    stairs

Name:	SAM_0114 copy.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	511673

this one project this year. it took about 3 days to make.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X