Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location, location, location....

Originally posted by STRENGTH AND POWER View Post
    here is a few shots of some equipment I built for a private gym. And a shot of my shop
    They say that's the most important part of real estate, but man, I'd never get any work done!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Latest ceilingtrains.com bridge

Here is my newest O scale ceilingtrains.com bridge. I had one up last year with the customer and this year i made it bigger and added another loop up a little higher. Will make some vids in a few days...Bob

Well it made the 6 O clcock news tonight... http://www.wfmj.com/global/category....autoStart=true
      Attached Files
      Last edited by aametalmaster; 12-28-2010, 09:51 PM.
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
        Here is my newest O scale ceilingtrains.com bridge. I had one up last year with the customer and this year i made it bigger and added another loop up a little higher. Will make some vids in a few days...Bob

Well it made the 6 O clcock news tonight... http://www.wfmj.com/global/category....autoStart=true
        Wow. That's impressive!
        Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
        Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Comment

Golf award

I recently got a phone call from my local welding distributor asking if I could make up a metal award for the local golf club recognizing those members who made a hole in one for 2010.

Got the details from him and came up with this.

Measures 12" x 18" and is 1/8" stainless steel.

The plate warped a bit after tigging so I will send it to a local metal fabricator to have it straightened. After I get it back, I will polish it and drill mounting holes in the corners.

A bit nerve-wracking as there was no room for error.

To me, this job was harder than my usual projects as I had to make the beads look nice as well as follow the letters.

Plus, I couldn't grind out the bad welds and do them over.

I made some some mistakes, but all in all, I was pleased on how it turned out.
          I flipped the photo of the back of the plate to better show the pattern.

First time I tried the pulse function on my Dynasty 350.

Dynasty 350 settings were:
          40 amps DC- 150 PPS - peak 75%, background 25%.
          1/16" 2% thorium. .035" 316 ss wire.

My way of thanking my local distributor.

Oh yes, he was one of those who made the list.

Earl Kirbyson
          GTS-WELCO
          1013 CONSHOHOCKEN RD
          CONSHOHOCKEN, PA 19428
          610-825-5991
          Attached Files
          Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

I didn't get any build time on the "Z" again this weekend, but my son & I did get a bottle tray fabricated for his Camaro.

He's got to glue the rubber bumper in the bottom for the bottle to rest against, Mount the bottle heater to the tray & then give it a quick polish before final installation.

Comment

stairs

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0114 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	511673

this one project this year. it took about 3 days to make.

Comment

A simple, quick project...

This is a very simple and quick "project" that I threw together one afternoon.

I inherited my late father's toolbox and I always try to use some of his tools in any project I undertake; whether it be a wrench, a hammer or a file. If I'm building something for myself, I always try to incorporate a bolt, nut, cotter pin or a washer into the build. On this afternoon, I was looking to build a quick cigar holder and I found a thin, flat washer and a small piece of round stock. I brushed them off with a wire brush, bent the rod to a V shape, tacked them together and sprayed it with a hammered finish. The end result works perfectly with any ring gauge cigar that I happen to be smoking! I can always sit back and reflect on the all the good times I shared with my Dad!

I'll get around to posting some bigger stuff later...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by swat253; 05-04-2011, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johny_1102 View Post
                  [ATTACH]27161[/ATTACH]

this one project this year. it took about 3 days to make.
                  3 days, how many people help you ?

Comment

Originally posted by swat253 View Post
                    This is a very simple and quick "project" that I threw together one afternoon.

I inherited my late father's toolbox and I always try to use some of his tools in any project I undertake; whether it be a wrench, a hammer or a file. If I'm building something for myself, I always try to incorporate a bolt, nut, cotter pin or a washer into the build. On this afternoon, I was looking to build a quick cigar holder and I found a thin, flat washer and a small piece of round stock. I brushed them off with a wire brush, bent the rod to a V shape, tacked them together and sprayed it with a hammered finish. The end result works perfectly with any ring gauge cigar that I happen to be smoking! I can always sit back and reflect on the all the good times I shared with my Dad!

I'll get around to posting some bigger stuff later...
                    These, are always the cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      3 days, how many people help you ?

we are two guys.
                      it took 1 day to cut and prepare the pieces, 1 day to a assemble the stairs and 1 day for the railings. its actually 2 stairs of 5 feet wide to ease transportation. you would be surprised what we can do in one day.
                      this was the end result once it was installed.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0160.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	511681

Comment

• One of my goofy projects - a nutcracker.
                        Saw one in a store but decided to make one out of stainless at 10 times the cost.

Bolt is 3/4-10 and parts are 1/4" plate.
                        The ram is piece of 3/4 IPS pipe sliding fit inside a piece of 1" IPS pipe.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands.
                        Attached Files
                        Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.

Comment

• Another goofy project.

Gift for a golfer friend to hold a cold drink.

All stainless steel.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• House steps

Here's my latest project. All that's left is to install filler panels for the handrails. It is made fClick image for larger version

Name:	green steps.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	511721rom 2x2x1/4 & 2.5x2.5 angle, 2x2x1/4 tube, 1.25x1.25x.125 tube and 1.5" bar grating for treads and deck area. They may possibly outlast the house, which is only 1 year old.Click image for larger version

Name:	weld%20sign.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	511720My attachments didn't end up where I wanted them, they are buried in the text. If I figure out how to reduce the file size of some of my other construction pics I will add them.
                            Last edited by Bistineau; 05-11-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• This is my latest project, and it was actually my first paying gig. With a little luck this sort of stuff will fund my hobbies when I retire.

These are cut free hand with a 375 x treme in 16 ga mild steel.
                              Patterns were made the hard way, tracing the customers photo's with Ink Scape software.
                              Printed to scale and cut out, made ready for tracing to the 16 ga.
                              The outlines were traced with black sharpie and the straight cuts were done with a x acto knife then marked in black prior to cutting.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
                              Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
                              Clarke 180 EN Just in case
                              Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
                              O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
                              Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
                              4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
                              Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
                              Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
                              I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Comment

• These are aluminum trailer ramps i didn't built them but i did seal weld where they cut off 2" on the bottom end. Downhill with my 3035 spoolgun with my MM185. Nice 5 minute job...Bob
                                Attached Files
                                Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                                http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Working...
                                X