Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see some projects, any

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see some projects, any

This forum is getting a little bored these days. I'd like to see some of the recent project you guys did lately. it can be practical or decorative from home or on the job.
    With a little explaination of what was it about and why.
    Of coarse I'll start this one.
    This was a flat deck we put on our new delivery truck. Nothing fancy, it has to be stong enough to carry a load of bottles up right in the front and some heavy equipment parts and loads of steel.
    The frame is 5"x3"x3/8" with 3" channel cross member sitting on 6" channel
    deck is 6" t&g pressure treated Fir. The back end was form by our local A.J. Forsyth.
    My part in it was building the headach rack.

Now come on dont be shy lets see those project can be as small as fixing the grand son tricycle and big as fixing the Hoover Dam
    Attached Files

Bumper

This is a bumper I made for a Dodge 2500 diesel sport. Made out of 2" sch-40 Bolted to the front frame, where it goes in the light holes there is a little brace 1 1/4" x 3/16 bolted to the end cap and to the frame.
    The guy came back to the shop and told me that he already hit a small deer on the corner " lucky " and no damages.
    Took about 7 hours total. Bill was around $700.00.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniel; 12-20-2009, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Stock Rack- 1"x1" Angle

This one is for use at my Photo Studio

Comment

Very nice, I wish my garage would be as big as yours.
        This is looking very square.
        Got another project broccoli
        Last edited by Daniel; 12-20-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

From now on guys take pics of all your projects. Maybe even walkthrough pics, this is what people like to see on the web. You get ideas from great minds from all parts of the world.
          Last edited by Daniel; 12-20-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

retoration dune buggy

Hy Daniel, it's a good idee to share are project, regardless of the size of the project, and it's fun and nice to have feedback from other.
            It's a good looking and solid flat bed this frame Daniel, nice

Me a restore a Dune buggy 14 years ago, and it was my first time a touch a welder and it was whit a 225 lincoln whit 7018 rod. A learn that whit a dune buggy, you have to be able to weld so a few reparation after each run and build a nice bumper to protect the motor, brand new that a also rebuilt, 1600cc volkwagen. Such a nice years a live at this time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Did these arch in-fill panels. installed them last week.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ricau I'm glad you posted, if there's one person I want to see projects from is you, With your experience in manufacturing and all the project you've done I want to see more...
                And I beleive you with welding on a frame with 7018 you got to have talent

Comment

Originally posted by ricksidebottom View Post
                  This is beautifull Rick. Nice workmanship, looks good. You've got to have more.
                  Keep them coming

Comment

Originally posted by ricksidebottom View Post
                    I have to say too, roll cage are very hard to do and this look good.
                    Last edited by Daniel; 12-20-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      This is a bumper I made for a Dodge 2500 diesel sport. Made out of 2" sch-40 Bolted to the front frame, where it goes in the light holes there is a little brace 1 1/4" x 3/16 bolted to the end cap and to the frame.
                      The guy came back to the shop and told me that he already hit a small deer on the corner and no damages.
                      Took about 7 hours total. Bill was around $700.00.
                      A like the way you fitting it in to the fog ligth spot

Comment

Thank you, It was important to the customer.

Comment

Did this easel earlier this year. Put a family portrait on it.

All forged and oil finished.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ricksidebottom; 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

frame for EMPACT of box

This was one project this years and it was whit this extra stainless steel material that a made my welding cart

tank's Daniel for your last posted for my dune buggy bumper, it make me feel good.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Man that's a lot of work, How do you do it without the magnet square.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.