Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

recent piece i finished

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent piece i finished

Fixed the link really sorry about that.

This was given as a present to my father in law for his birthday. It's what reminds me of being in muskoka. I put 5 metal fridge magnets on it as well so he could hang some pictures on it if he wanted.
    I made this wind blown tree out of 1/8" hot rolled, drew out the tree and roots than cut out with my plasma. I welded the roots onto the base of the tree with mig as well as a piece of 1/2" round about 3" long so I would have something the attach it to the rock with. I drilled the granite with a hammer drill and 1/2" bit than used epoxy to make the tree stay put. The front of the tree was ground shiny with a flap disc after heating and bending the branches to give it a more organic feel. I used a propane torch to heat the steel and colour it, than clear coated it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jrscgsr; 12-10-2009, 10:14 PM.

Very nice! I like the mounting on the rock with roots showing. Great job!

Comment

Cool, I like the colors burned in like that.

Comment

Why is it when I click on the picture, I get a p0rn site???????????????

Comment

Got some annoying popups also. Don't know if it's **** or not, so I closed the link rapidly.

Comment

Also got the link to p0rn, but closed it and saw your tree. Looks very nice. I'm always jealous of those that have artistic ability. Nice work!

Comment

That little tree is so cool looking.

Comment

Spam

A new way of sending out SPAM? Or are we also getting a look what's deep inside his hard drive? ;-) LOL

Fab Tech

Comment

i get the pic when i click it!!! maybe something on your hard drive lol

Comment

Bonsai

I really like it! I am in the process of doing one with rg45 (ala george goehl: http//www.gsegmedia.com/index.html) and am considering trying to drill holes in the rock, then fill them with melted bronze so I could braze my roots to the rock. Maybe I should use the epoxy method instead. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Hey hey great idea! That way people can name their tanks for visitors to see! Once again great idea!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.