Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

warped table frame

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warped table frame

finished my welding table this weekend but i got a little carried away with welding the short pieces of tube that connect the middle tube. i beveled the edges where the welds would be flat and one pass didn't fill the bevel in so i decided to fill it up. well as you can see i warped my frame and need some help figuring out how to fix it.

*i welded all around the tube except for the top just a note.

i had the suggestion from a guy at work to heat the welds up then hammer away at it i did that a little bit today but seemed i wasn't getting too far.

my first thought was to cut the welds off on the side of the tubing and then hopefully i'd be able to hammer it in place from there.

i'm up for any kind of advice

Andy
    Attached Files

I cant tell where its warped with your pictures! I can guess by the way you welded it, but it would be better if youd get some close ups and Ill tell you where to heat.

Comment

Only a guess!
      Attached Files

Comment

I think he's talking about this part right here ....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
          I think he's talking about this part right here ....
          Throw a straight edge on it so I can see!

Comment

Put your glasses on!!!!!

Comment

Put your glasses on!!!!!
              Oh man if you only knew! Going so blind sometimes I walk right by the shop in the mornings!

Comment

Looks like the plate is not sitting flat on it? If thats were its at, is the frame warped or the plate? Name:  251f85f45381b2eb14bcd715f142c8d9.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  47.7 KB

Comment

Originally posted by Diverdude View Post
                  Looks like the plate is not sitting flat on it? If thats were its at, is the frame warped or the plate? Name:  251f85f45381b2eb14bcd715f142c8d9.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  47.7 KB
                  Thanks for the description Diverdude!
                  If I understand you correctly, and the frame is high in the center, this will fix it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Actually, that's tubing, me, I'd just set the thing upright, go right down the center, with a big hammer, straighten it right out. Why waste money on heat, if you really don't need it???

Comment

Actually, that's tubing, me, I'd just set the thing upright, go right down the center, with a big hammer, straighten it right out. Why waste money on heat, if you really don't need it???
                      For every action, there is a reaction!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I realize that, Sonora, but is this a welding table, or part of the space shuttle????

Comment

Yes, I realize that, Sonora, but is this a welding table, or part of the space shuttle????
                          Hey these guys get carried away with these welding tables!
                          I remember the days when I was glad to have a stump to work on! Most of the time we got a short cut off laying in a mud puddle!

Comment

Ummm .... you had a stump????? Wow .... will wonders never cease ....

Last edited by JSFAB; 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

you had a stump????
                              Yes sir! Things have improved greatly, now I have about 500 of them!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.