Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIG Rod Holders For S'Wave 250 DX.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Rod Holders For S'Wave 250 DX.

Well, I'm not much of a weldor these days. Since I have been primarily self employed in a state with over a 15% unemployment rate, I don't have much time for my own projects unless they come from a point of necessity.

I built a set of rod tube holders for my TIG machine. I have the standard Rod Guard brand cases. I used some tubing & channel from the local scrap yard to facilitate the project.

The tubing, I cut then trued up on the lathe, the channel that holds it, I coped with a hole saw in my mill. There is a bottom piece of channel that stabilizes the top piece. I originally had a cart for my S'Wave 250 that I put an integrated set of holders on, but when I got the 250DX, it didn't fit on the cart.

No time to build a new one. This was a good way to solve the problem.

The completed unit is in the next post.
    Attached Files

The finished product & mounted on the machine.

The tubing & channel were quite thin, hence not welding all the way on the contact points.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 7A749; 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Nice job, I was having a little trouble seeing what it was till I got to the end and seen the finished product. Looks like it will do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Diverdude View Post
        Nice job, I was having a little trouble seeing what it was till I got to the end and seen the finished product. Looks like it will do the job.
        I'm not quite used to how the pix post here. On another site I post on, they come up as visible without having to open them one at a time.

I guess I'll figure it out

Comment

So what would you charge to make one for me with only 6 tubes? Unfortunatly I just don't have the correct tools nor time to get this done..

Let me know if you are interested, no paint needed...

Thanks
          Last edited by Checkered Flag; 12-08-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Checkered Flag View Post
            So what would you charge to make one for me with only 6 tubes? Unfortunatly I just don't have a mill or lathe..

Let me know if you are interested, no paint needed...

Thanks
            I have some of the tubing left, would you like to make your own? PM me, if you need some material, we could work it out. You can just saw cut them & use a hole saw in a drill press.

Not that I wouldn't do it for you if you want, just thought you might want to have the satisfaction of making it yourself if you had the materials at hand to do it.

We have an awsome scrap yard & get some pretty good stuff here sometimes. The round tubing was a total luck out.

Let me know. I'm easy either way...

Comment

Looks nice. You could probly sell a few of the channel pieces with the copes cut in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertrider33 View Post
                Looks nice. You could probly sell a few of the channel pieces with the copes cut in them.
                That's my thought, I have the 300DX so the mounting would not be the same, but bolting it starting from the back toward the front would work perfect for my setup..
                Attached Files

Comment

TIG Rod Holders For

Looks real nice so I see a lathe and mill looks like you can build most any thing
                  well great job again.
                  Vernon

Comment

I'll frown every time I look at my PVC rod holders now. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock40 View Post
                      I'll frown every time I look at my PVC rod holders now. Nice work.
                      Hardrock,
                      I would agree his work is excellent. I do think PVC rod holders have their place. They are cost effective and work just fine.
                      Nick

Comment

looks realy handy.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                          Hardrock,
                          I would agree his work is excellent. I do think PVC rod holders have their place. They are cost effective and work just fine.
                          Nick
                          I agree as well. I probably would have went that route, had I not have already had the ones I have now. I bought them probably 5-6 years ago. Lucking across the correct diameter tubing at the scrap yard prompted the idea. I sure wouldn't have paid retail for a 20' piece of it!!

Comment

Rod Holders

You did a real good job on that project!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.