headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers

I build headers for a living. The one shot is last weeks production run. 409 chevy. the other pics are of a set I built on Jack Harris's Nitro Thunder Nostalgia fuel funny car
    Attached Files

I reconise you name. Welcome aboard...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Headers

Looks great Is that a full time job (building Headers)
      Vernon

Comment

Yeah. We mainly do specialty stuff. I also travel and build custom headers on race cars and street rods. I've set up a 24' trailer with all my fab tools, vertical band saw, belt sander, disc sander, torches, small mig, compressor, tig, and trailblazer 302. All welders are MILER of coarse.

Comment

they would look good if they were ss.

Comment

Originally posted by jardine View Post
            I build headers for a living. The one shot is last weeks production run. 409 chevy. the other pics are of a set I built on Jack Harris's Nitro Thunder Nostalgia fuel funny car
            You wouldn't be related to these people would you ? http://www.jardineproducts.com/about/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bigs View Post
              You wouldn't be related to these people would you ? http://www.jardineproducts.com/about/
              Used to be. We sold that company in the mid 80s. My dad started that company in 1958.
              MKSWelding, yes ss is nice. All our funny car stuff is mild steel .065 wall. The stainless usually dosen't last on these cars. They get them a little lighter but usually start cracking after about 10-15 runs. Some teams are using Inconell but the cost to benifit is way off center. We did a little project for Ganasi Racing (nascar) a couple of years ago. They're running inconell headers, feather light but $20000 bucks a set. The forces put on funny car headers are crazy. For one the are heavy due to the length and the double wall heat shield. They figure the put about 400 pounds of down force on them going down the track. If you notice watching them and they drop a cylinder the car will make a big move towards that side.

Comment

Congratulation for continuing on the Jardine name, I remember it from the old days.
                Good luck
                L*S

Comment

nice work. You build a fixture when making the parts runs?
                  Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
                  and wp2025 weldcraft torch
                  Miller 125c plasma cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Leons2003 View Post
                    Congratulation for continuing on the Jardine name, I remember it from the old days.
                    Good luck
                    L*S
                    Ditto on that as well ...I can remember my Dad having a car with a set and had the decal on the quarter window.
                    BTW...how about some trailer/ mobile shop pics for a little eye candy??? Pretty please!!!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300
                    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by jrscgsr View Post
                      nice work. You build a fixture when making the parts runs?
                      Yes all production headers are built in heavy jigs. You try and keep them in the jigs as long as possible.
                      I don't have any pics of the trailer really. Heres some shots of our benders. The yellow one is a 1947 model Wallace #4. It'll bend up to 6" tube. It was off a WW2 freedom ship. They had aboard in the machine shop. It weighs 14000lbs and is about 25' long. It has been rebuilt with an X axis computer. If you notice the jiggs bolted to it, the angle iron pieces those tell us plane of bend and distance between bends. Each part has its own. You load the tube pull your first bend, cycle bender back to 0 adjust tube to lay inthe trough and start your next bend, Full cnc machines eliminate all this but can produce bigger head aches. The blue one is a #2 pines. Its all manual. The lathe is an EHS Cholet 435. We use it to build flanges and forming dies for the press.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X