Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Oven Table

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Oven Table

I got tired of bending down all the time so I made me a Dutch oven Table.

The Tables a 1/8” sheet, 18” x36”, Used a jig saw for all my cuts.
    I used picnic table legs from an old table, weld them to the bottom. You’ll see I offset one side 1” so the legs lay flat and cut 1” off the ends.
    (Using the Coleman stove concept), for the wind screen I used 24 GA with piano hinge and riveted it to the trim, I stuck a magnet to the top of the wind screen so then you close it up it sticks to the table surface (JB Weld)
    I’m adding 2 removable side trays to the out side. I’ll add a handle to the front, this will also hold charcoal tongs.

Fab Tech
    Attached Files

Not really shoure what its for. But whatever it is it looks like its well done.

Comment

It's for cookin on
      Attached Files

Comment

looks good!
        i like the idea of folding legs.
        i got mine going right now, i use my grill, im sure a table would be much better though.

Comment

I started another table this morning; this is going to be a propane double burner.

Fab Tech

Comment

Settin in de SNOW

Settin down here in SouthEast Texas in DE SNOW, I been mullin over those dutch oven cookin tables & how good of a idear they are! Gonna start lookin for some table legs & start one when we get past the BIG THAW! Darn snow DEC 4th in SET! BTW have U got more pics of tables & what's good material for the charcoal bowls?!

Comment

Dutch Oven Table

Table height 29 inches. The legs, (Folding Banquet Table Legs) you’ll be able to pick up at Lowe’s or Home Depot. I got mine after a good party.
              Old heavy tin pie trays work well, I had a few melt through on the thinner ones, I like the 9 inch Teflon cake pans for starting coals.

I left a 4 inch openings on both corners, using a 4 inch natural hair bristle paint brush (so it won’t melt) I can sweep the ashes off into a tin bucket. I thought about making little sliding tray under that area,

On the wind screen, I cut the off the end of the rivet, they stuck out to far; center punched to flare it out and pounded it smooth, down at the bottom where I riveted the piano hinge to the wind screen I didn’t cut the rivet, took black gasket sealer and dabbed the end of the rivet. That way when it’s folded in it won’t dig into the side wings

Fab Tech
              Attached Files

Comment

Hay Richard
                I also used my grill for years to get it off the ground.
                I took these photos for a gal, she was so puzzled, asking how I balance a three legged oven on a grill, and for the life of her she just didn’t get it. She asked if I could cut her two and mail them out to her.
                I still laugh about it.

Fab Tech
                Attached Files

Comment

we all hve to start somewhere right?
                  but if it works, it works.

Comment

I had never seen the burners on the bottom. what kind of burners do you use.

Comment

Originally posted by m.k.swelding View Post
                      I had never seen the burners on the bottom. what kind of burners do you use.
                      m.k.swelding

I’m using cast iron burners; they put out a larger burn surface and BTU rating than ones on camp stoves. Lot of my skillets are 12 & 14 inches.
                      I can still make my frame 36” x 18” x 4”, use 24 GA under and around sides of the burners. And keep the range height about 34 inches.
                      What I’m trying to do is cut down on the weight; My Dutch Oven Table weighs 37 Lb’s.
                      A two burner, valve Assembly with controls and a regulator’s all you need.
                      For ideas take a look at the Coleman stove parts list. At first I thought about ripen one apart.

Fab Tech

Comment

HEy check out this site, dont know if you been here yet but im sure you will like it. plus you can show off that nice table you build yourself

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/index.php

Comment

One of my first welding projects was a dutch oven table. I made it by welding up some angle iron and a piece of cold rolled steel for the flat surface. Legs were black iron pipe attached to the table by threading them into pipe caps that were welded to the bottom of the table. (I don't actually recall if the pipe caps were welded or brazed.)

I was pretty happy with how it turned out, and the best thing was that it didn't cost me much more to build than it would have to have bought a slightly nicer table from Camp Chef.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.