Sunday project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday project

Been wanting to make a steel Tiki man all summer, Never have found the right piece of pipe, So today I started on a small one, It's a piece of 8" 1/8" wall galvanized pipe. Guess it can be a prototype for the bigger one.

Still needs a lot of work, Maybe tomorrow, I'm having some porosity issues , not sure why, never had anything like it before, Maybe it's the galvanized ? Thought I got most of it off.
    Attached Files

Porosity pics

UGLY, UGLY welds, I do usually weld better than this, Honest.
    Attached Files

Comment

Tiki

Looks like something from Easter Island "Very Cool"
      Vernon

Comment

I agree very cool vernon,

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
        Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
        Clarke 180 EN Just in case
        Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
        O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
        Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
        4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
        Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
        Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
        I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
        http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Comment

guessing the porosity is from the galv. As long as your other equipment setup is good. I like the project looks really cool man.
          Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
          and wp2025 weldcraft torch
          Miller 125c plasma cutter

Comment

Maby im just lost but whats it for.

Comment

Just something to do, I have 4 weeks off, very little money, and my scrap pile is getting low.

Comment

Tiki

Hey if you put a light inside the eyes would glow at night that would be supper cool maybe cut out around some teeth
                Vernon

Comment

My thoughts exactly, I got a couple of red LED's from RadioShack this morning, They have a lens cut like a diamond, Kinda like the old BlueDots.

Comment

Added a few more pieces today, Some kind of headband maybe.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got the porsity issues worked out,

After cleaning the nozzle, gas diffuser, and checking everything, Still had the problem, Started thinking about the new tank of 75/25 I picked up the day before it started. I decided to run back down the street to the welding supply house, I explained my theory, and asked them to exchange the tank again,Brought it home, fired it up. No problems

Anyone ever hear of a bad tank of gas ?

Comment

Bad Gas

Originally posted by bubba9459 View Post
                        Got the porsity issues worked out,

After cleaning the nozzle, gas diffuser, and checking everything, Still had the problem, Started thinking about the new tank of 75/25 I picked up the day before it started. I decided to run back down the street to the welding supply house, I explained my theory, and asked them to exchange the tank again,Brought it home, fired it up. No problems

Anyone ever hear of a bad tank of gas ?
                        Yes I have seen Bad 75/25 gas before Never saw bad argon. Just 75/25 don't know why Must be the 25 side of it. Glad its all good Tiki looking great can't wait to see the finsh head.
                        Vernon

Comment

I think it will be done tomorrow. If I don't run out of flap disks!

Comment

Still needs a lot of work, Maybe tomorrow, I'm having some porosity issues , not sure why, never had anything like it before, Maybe it's the galvanized ? Thought I got most of it off
                            Devis comparatif mutuelle sante | Comparateur mutuelles sante | Comparer comparatif mutuel

Comment

Pretty cool and unique.Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X