Some People want Rhinos......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMW,
    I've seen those Japenese mini trucks. They are cool, but cost quite a bit and where do you go for parts?

Comment

I'm not saying you should use the frame from an s-10, but that if you used the parts off one, you'd pretty much have a complete system to steal from. You'd also have something of known components in the event you needed to repair it.

From the sounds of what you want to do, the body is the only aspect you'd be leaving stock - that tells me you might be better off omitting the rest of the unit from the get go.
      Syncrowave 250DX
      Invison 354MP
      XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
      Smith O/A rig
      And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by vpd66 View Post
        MMW,
        I've seen those Japenese mini trucks. They are cool, but cost quite a bit and where do you go for parts?

http://www.americasminitruckcenter.c...e-mini-trucks/

or
        California Stock
        http://www.minitruckdealer.com/stock...eq=DESC&page=0

Based in Los Angeles
        Last edited by Broccoli1; 11-25-2009, 09:14 PM.
        Ed Conley
        http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
        MM252
        MM211
        Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
        TA185
        Miller 125c Plasma 120v
        O/A set
        SO 2020 Bender
        You can call me Bacchus

Comment

ive been on this **** computer for 10hrs researching ideas and ways to do this and as a 4x4 concept its not looking so great i dont know.

im trying to make a small ish cart that's 4x4, i dont have the truck nor the trailer to make a freaking huge buggy. those jap trucks are cool but im so sick of import trucks.

the fact that there is no small 4x4 components out there (ie: smaller than a normal s10, or ranger, jeep, etc) doesn't help.
          78' Miller AEAD-200LE
          08' Miller Matic 180 Autoset.

Comment

i may just lift the green POS and make it 4 wheeled and leave it 2WD. so much easier right now.
            78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

Start looking for John Deere Gators
              Ed Conley
              http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
              MM252
              MM211
              Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
              TA185
              Miller 125c Plasma 120v
              O/A set
              SO 2020 Bender
              You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Joey2589, did you Google the Pug Badlands? I think you might get some ideas from it.

Comment

yea i looked it up. its articulated which seems more of what your project will be. for mine i was going to try a solid front steering axle like a jeep would use.
                  78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

Whatever you do keep the Ford 9". They are virtualy bulletproof and in your aplication the only way to deystroy it would be to run it without oil.
                    This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Comment

oh yea the 9" is staying for sure unless a unrepairable issue comes up.
                      78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

Joey2589,
                        Pug also makes 4 wheel drives with front wheel steer. Take a look around there website. The Ford 9" differential are very tough and parts are cheap. I'd bet a guy could just grease up the ring and pinion and never burn it up for a low speed (25 mph tops) application like we are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by vpd66 View Post
                          Joey2589,
                          Pug also makes 4 wheel drives with front wheel steer. Take a look around there website. The Ford 9" differential are very tough and parts are cheap. I'd bet a guy could just grease up the ring and pinion and never burn it up for a low speed (25 mph tops) application like we are talking about.
                          If you went that route I would pack the bearings the way you would wheel bearings. It would be so much easier to just fill it up with 90wt.
                          This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Comment

Working...
                          X