My Miller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Miller

This is my trusty Miller 135, and my weld table.

The 135 has been great, I use 1/8" plate for most of my sculptures, so it's perfect.

I would like to move up to a Miller 212, or 252 soon, so I can do some thicker material. The 252 is a big price jump from the 212, Is it worth the extra dollars ?

The table is just an old wooden table , I built back in high school, with a sheet of 1/4" plate on top.
    Attached Files

I would suggest you look closely at the MM 211 which operates on both 110/220 and should do just about anything you want...
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet
    sigpic

Comment

Not bad at all. I like the way people put the machines up high. Mines on a cart but it never goes anywhere.

I don't have any knowledge of your upgrade question but maybe someone will.

The table looks good also. I have gate off of a large landscaping trailer I'm going to put legs on for an outside stick welding table. It will have to do until I can do better.

Comment

That's true. With a 211, you can sell the 120v-only unit to defray the cost. Plus, you can run one machine and go wherever you need to go with it.
        Jack Olsen
        The Garage (And its slideshow)
        The Car (And its slideshow)

Comment

252 Welder

I would like to move up to a Miller 212, or 252 soon, so I can do some thicker material. The 252 is a big price jump from the 212, Is it worth the extra dollars ?

I have 251 and love it would not get any thing small But I weld large things so it fits my needs well Also run Dual Sheild wire the larger mach is needed for that. Good luck on your new welder.
          Vernon

Comment

I just bought a MM211 because of the dual voltage and the ability to weld thicker material. Unfortunately I am still in Iraq so I cant tell you how it welds yet. I am just a hobby welder, but found that I was pushing my MM140 to its limits on some of my projects. I decided to keep the MM140 just in case though. You never know. Tools are like guns for me. I just hate getting rid of either.

Comment

Working...
            X